No Support > Announcements

cpg1.3.3 released - upgrade strongly recommended

<< < (7/7)

joksi:
I have a problem with the upgrade, like some other here.
I have literally modificated 80% of the orig files with  own functions etc. etc.
Is there a "simpler" way to upgrade?
Or would some nice soul out there tell me exactly which parts of codes are the most "important" ones so i can modify it manually, it would take me 1-2 weeks to go through everything if not.

Nibbler:
Well, I have posted what you need to change for the main security issue, there is a patch file posted, or you can a diff tool to merge the changes together.

Joachim Müller:
...or use the method described by Makc666 here. Please read the full thread before replying. Generally speaking: you just discovered the main drawback of heavily modifying web applications - it get's harder to update!

Joachim

ElevenBravo:
So I log on to your site needing some support for phpnuke coppermine. I come to this forum "CPG 1.2 PHPnuke/Postnuke Support" and click on it. The first link I see is this thread. So I think," O there is an update" so I download 1.3.3 and reinstall it over my working verison only to find out that 1.3.3 is for standalone. I would like to suggest maybe moving this thread out of here since it has nothing to do with phpnuke coppermine.

Joachim Müller:
a) You're meant to read all the stickies
b) the board "CPG 1.2 PHPnuke/Postnuke Support" has a sticky thread that says in bold: no support for nuke!
c) This thread is a "global sticky" that is visible throughout all sub-boards, we can't remove it from a singular sub-board. It's all or none!
d) Always read before blindly downloading and applying any software, there are various places where we noted that cpg1.3.3 is not for nuke.

We don't know nuke. Our software was never written with nuke in mind. We're not to blame if nuke users think they could use our software together with nuke. Please don't hijack announcement threads. I'll lock this thread now, as nobody seems to have to say something that really applies to the release of cpg1.3.3 itself. It's a pity nobody dared to say "thank you"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version