Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Up to 10 uploads to the same album  (Read 4385 times)

moss

• Coppermine newbie
Up to 10 uploads to the same album
« on: May 18, 2005, 03:06:19 pm »

Everything works fine. I have certain usergroups, each group has multiple albums to upload to. The settings are 10 files upload at once. In real life, my users almost want to upload theses pictures in the same album, not 10 pictures in 10 different albums. In other words they do complain that they have to select 10 times the album to upload to.

That's why I reviewed the settings, but I did not find a way to take influence on that, it seems to be programmed as it is. May be, there is a chance to solve this somehow - any idea is welcome. Admin-batch-upload is no solution as I can't give users ftp access.

By the way, the albums in the drop down list appear in an order, that I really would like to change. My categories are years, the albums have different names within the years. After uploading pictures, when a user has to select the album to upload the picture to, this drop down list shows a really mixed up list of categories(albums). Is there a way to get this sorted, e.g. descending (2005, 2004, 2003 ...), may be in phpadmin/mysql??

Thanks for any help,
moss

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Up to 10 uploads to the same album
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 09:58:22 am »

There have been complaints about the order of the drop-down fields in the past, that's why frogfoot's mod exists that even has gone into the core code for cpg1.4.x. I recommend telling your users to use the XP_publishing wizard whenever possible. Afaik there's no way to pre-select an album and make all subsequent uploads go into the pre-selected album. This is on the todo-list for future versions of coppermine though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.