Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another CHMOD query...  (Read 2549 times)

c0y0te

• Coppermine newbie
Yet another CHMOD query...
« on: March 02, 2005, 12:36:08 am »

Before you start screaming... I've read the CPG installation guide, I understand that there is no CHMOD on Windoz and I understand the basics. Let me just explain where I'm at:-

1) My domain is hosted by a web hosting company to which I have ftp access; CPG is uploaded into www.mydomain.com/gallery
2) My site is running on a Windows 2003 Server, using IIS webserver
3) My FTP client (coreFTP) allows me to CHMOD the files and folders (I've done this for other installations) but seems to have issues with CPG for some reason.
4) I understand that I need to CHMOD Albums and Include folders, but when I do this although the command is accepted, it doesnt seem to actually happen for some reason and I can't see why.
5) I've read the comments about needing IUSR_Hostname permissions to be updated - but I'm guessing this is a request that I will need to put into the hosting provider as I don't have that sort of control over the server itself, just my directories within my own domain (as is normal).

So - the error I'm getting is the classic "Unable to write config file 'include/config.inc.php" when I try to execute the install.php script, and I know that there are two things I need to do (chmod the dirs and possibly get this iusr_hostname permissions sorted) but I am unclear if there is anything I can actually do myself, or do I just need to request this of the hoster?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

c0y0te

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Yet another CHMOD query...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 10:33:23 am »

You appear not to have fully understood the concept, although you claim otherwise: there is no CHMOD on Windows: even though you can send some CHMOD commands using your ftp client, they will have no impact at all. Your windows server will just ignore them, there will be no error message. You have to do as suggested and set the permissions accordingly (the I_USR stuff) - there can be no other reply from us. Contact your webhost, ask them to do the needed changes (write permissions for the user the server runs under). Posting your question here just won't help.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.