Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help for altering custom-fields  (Read 3473 times)

Omni

• Coppermine newbie
Help for altering custom-fields
« on: October 24, 2004, 12:10:09 am »

I didn't managed to find any topic that could help so, if anyone can help (or show the way to an existing topic) I would be greatful.
I need to alter one of the custom-fields to operate almost the same way as the description field does.
I want to have it displayed as a multiline field into which it would be possible to store a long text.
What I really want to do, is: have the "description field" as a "Short descrition" field, and one of the 4 custom fields as a "Long descrition" field. It would be nice if I could set the length of that field as a "multiplier*description-field-length" or as a variable that it would be easy to change when I need to do so.
I tryed to alter it by myself (files editOnePic.php, displayimage.php, upload.php) but I'm pretty new to php so I didn't managed to make it work as I need it to. Do I have to alter something in the DB tables also?
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help for altering custom-fields
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 01:59:32 pm »

This will be a feature in the next coppermine version (cpg1.4.x), which currently is under development. It has additional fields, one of the being for multi-line input (<textarea>). You're welcome to get the devel version from the cvs if you consider yourself an experienced coppermine user, but you have to understand that the devel version comes without support.
To change the current stable version to allow multi-line descriptions/custom fields, no hack has been posted yet afaik. You'll have to apply code changes in various places, and maybe fiddle with the database structure as well.

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 02:11:20 pm »

I have done a quick hack to do this.  Use the attached files, and use custom field 1 for what you want.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

meshroom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 10:14:38 pm »

This will be a feature in the next coppermine version (cpg1.4.x), which currently is under development. It has additional fields, one of the being for multi-line input (<textarea>). You're welcome to get the devel version from the cvs if you consider yourself an experienced coppermine user, but you have to understand that the devel version comes without support.
To change the current stable version to allow multi-line descriptions/custom fields, no hack has been posted yet afaik. You'll have to apply code changes in various places, and maybe fiddle with the database structure as well.

Joachim

Will this include the ability to upload or 'attach' seperate files into custom fields alongside the images you upload? For example, I'd like to attach a pdf document or 'toenail' to an image that will be stored in the database as a blob. I'm going to try Casper's hack to achieve this but it'd be good to see as a feature in 1.4.x.

Thanks.  :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 05:53:53 am »

no, additional uploads into custom fields will not be in cpg1.4.x, but you can use a workaround by using bbcode to link to additional files.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.