Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem uploading when working with windows/appache server  (Read 2691 times)

remco

• Coppermine newbie
problem uploading when working with windows/appache server
« on: August 10, 2004, 10:40:23 am »

Hello, I'm using copperfield 1.2.1 stand alone with lots of pleasure, but I have this problem:

Because my hosting account didn't allow me more than 50 mb's I've made a dns change to another (windows) server of a friend of mine for putting down all the images.... (coppermine itself still runs on the PHP server, only the imagemaps are outsourced)

In the coppermine configuration I changed the album map from /albums/ into http://images.dodare.nl/albums/ and ofcourse also for the user pics.
All the pics are shown, but when I want to upload one I get the message:

Warning: mkdir(http://images.dodare.nl/albums/userpics/10001): No such file or directory in /opt/guide/www.dodare.nl/HTML/dodaregallery/db_input.php on line 222

The imagemap url is the right one, the maps are 777 chmodded,
Also the batch funtion won't show any folders....

Can this be a problem because the images are windows server, or is it a simple url routing problem....or.... please help me  :-\\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: problem uploading when working with windows/appache server
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 01:55:27 pm »

you simply can't store pics on a remote server, as your server has no write permissions on the remote server. There's no workaround - this simply can't be done. Of course there have been others before who have come up with the bright idea to save expensive webspace by storing the pics on cheap webspace that doesn't have the minimum requirements. Please search their posts if you want to find out the details, and how miserably they all failed in achieving to store pics remotely.

GauGau

P.S. The software's name is coppermine, not copperfield - it wasn't written by Charles Dickens, but Gregory Demar and the coppermine dev team ;)

remco

• Coppermine newbie
Re: problem uploading when working with windows/appache server
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 12:14:05 pm »

Sorry for the stupid name mistake   :-\\

Thanx
Your reply saves me a lot of time finding out how to solve this problem...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.