Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin E-mail on user registration  (Read 5313 times)

legend_neo

• Coppermine regular visitor
Admin E-mail on user registration
« on: January 26, 2005, 10:20:05 am »

HI Everyone,
the thing is when a new user is registered admin account get a mail like
"A new user with the username "xyz" has registered in your gallery"
so the mail carry just the user name , but i want to have user password & e-mail as well and also if user provides any other info .
In short al the data that he inputs during registration . i want to have it through admin e-mail ,i know i can see it through "phpMyadmin" but e-mail is a better opition

so waiting for anay replies
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 04:35:17 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Admin E-mail on user registration
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 10:29:46 am »

so, you're waiting for someone to say "wait a sec, here's the code you requested" and post the code? You have received help before, why don't you start contributing somthing to the community and at least try to come up with a hack like this? It should be quite simple to at least find the section where the admin email is being sent, try modifying this email accordingly.

Joachim

legend_neo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 11:07:45 am »

i know this thing dont required much of work , and certainly i dont want ppl to code for my stupid postings.
by replies i just mean to have some hints
atleas u can tell me which file to edit and what coad to look for
thats all what i mean by "waiting for any replies "

:(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 11:44:00 am by legend_neo »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 11:10:15 am »

start by looking at register.php (surprise, surprise).

Joachim

P.S. The word still is "code", not "coad", as I told you before ;)

legend_neo

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 11:47:42 am »

P.S. The word still is "code", not "coad", as I told you before

Sorry , Sorry , Sorry
This will not happen again , I promise

and thankx for the hint, before i was looking in language file

i found the code
Code: [Select]
// email notification to admin
        if ($CONFIG['reg_notify_admin_email'])
        {
        cpg_mail($CONFIG['gallery_admin_email'], sprintf($lang_register_php['notify_admin_email_subject'], $CONFIG['gallery_name']), sprintf($lang_register_php['notify_admin_email_body'], $user_name));
        }
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 12:00:02 pm by legend_neo »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 06:56:12 pm »

now you look up the function definition of the function "cpg_mail" that is being called (the definition resides in include/functions.inc.php) to find out what parameters the function expects. You'll find out what parameter will compose the body of the email. Then, you just add your additional text to the function call (not the function definition).

Joachim

StephanieM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 07:39:21 pm »

Hey Neo:

Please think twice about having CPG email you a user's password, especially if you don't tell them you're doing so. Okay, so it's a photo gallery, not a high-security NASA site, but the user has a right to expect the password to give her some control over who can see her stuff. She will reasonably expect that people without it won't have access and will feel confident about posting private material there. That's what "password" implies.

Email can be sniffed, stored in your email directory on your recently stolen laptop and so on. There goes the password. Okay, someone's got to work at it and really want to get the info, but the principle is the thing. It's not a lot different from selling a car but making a copy of the keys for yourself.

In any case, if you're the admin of the gallery you don't need the user's password anyway.

Of course, we all know that CPG stores passwords in plaintext, but that's an easy one to solve; I saw a mod around here somewhere...

legend_neo

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 02:21:35 am »

She will reasonably expect that people without it won't have access and will feel confident about posting private material there. That's what "password" implies.

Email can be sniffed, stored in your email directory on your recently stolen laptop and so on. There goes the password. Okay, someone's got to work at it and really want to get the info, but the principle is the thing. It's not a lot different from selling a car but making a copy of the keys for yourself.

In any case, if you're the admin of the gallery you don't need the user's password anyway.
U r Absolutely right, being admin i really dont need it. My actual problem was to get E-mail and Location  ( location is a required field ) from my users in order to know from where they r getting registered..  When i posted this question i asked for pwd as well (just by the way) I have no inetntions to do it at all. Secondly My gallery is open for publick and all the stuff is available except for the upload so i dint think many ppl r going to register.
But any way , i respect ur opinion.

And Thankx to GauGau ......... I Solved This Issue
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.