Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silly error in album list link  (Read 8312 times)

Roshlin

• Coppermine novice
Silly error in album list link
« on: January 08, 2005, 05:41:14 pm »

Hi friends,

I am haviing this silly error, the album list link in "my Gallery" takes me and the users to "my gallery again and not to the album list.
from all other pages, faq, uploads, comments etc it work fine and links the album list (index). any guess what could be the error.

2. After uploading all pictures when you click the continue button it takes you to the album list page (index) I would prefer that it linked the "my gallery", as I feel user would always like to see the latest uploaded pics. Is it possible.

3. The last upload and last visit dates in the users table are not being updated, it always gives the date when user was created. Is that the way pncpg works or I have missed something. Is there any other way to know stats about user visits, I think postnuke doesn't give this info. I really liked this feature of cpg.

Thanks
Roshlin

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Re: Silly error in album list link
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 05:23:57 pm »

Roshlin,

these "issues" are not related to pnCPG but are "features" of the core-product.
So you should raise these at the normal Coppermine forum.

Cas

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 08:31:07 pm »

moving this thread from "pnCPG Support" to "http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=20.0".
Please post the URL of your coppermine gallery and test user account (non-admin).

Joachim

Roshlin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 09:31:32 pm »

Hi Gaugau,  :)

This is the link www.fotorima.com

user :gaugau
pass: cpg

Once you enter click, galeria de fotos, which will take you to the gallery. To "my  gallery"

Click Albums publico, which is the album list, and it again goes to the same page.   ???

All other linls work fine and this album list link (Albums publico) also works fine from the other pages.

Thanks  ::)
Roshlin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 10:49:14 pm »

this is expected behaviour: the link at the top left (in english "album list") takes you to the list of albums of the category you're currently in: if you are within "Inicio > Galerias de los Socios > Guest", clicking on "album list" will bring you to where you already are. The term "Albums públicos" is just translated wrong, it is not the list of publicly accessible albums. If you want the link to actually point to somewhere else, edit your theme file (themes/yourtheme/theme.php), find
Code: [Select]
<a href="{ALB_LIST_TGT}" title="{ALB_LIST_TITLE}">{ALB_LIST_LNK}</a>and edit accordingly - in your case, this could be
Code: [Select]
<a href="/galeria/index.php?cat=0" title="{ALB_LIST_TITLE}">{ALB_LIST_LNK}</a>, but I rather recommend fixing the translation, so it says "Album list" in Spanish instead.
Why the click on "Galería de fotos" in postnuke sends you to that particular sub-page (instead of your gallery's start page)  is a mystery for me though - something that should be asked in the pnCPG board, as I don't know the port...

Joachim

P.S. Eres Tinerfeño?

Roshlin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 11:56:34 pm »

Hi Gaugau,
I have not translated it wrong, only that I want users to have only private albums, and the album list should go to the album list which is the index  where I have some public albums.  The link galeria de fotos takes registered users to thier gallery "my gallery" instead of the index.
That is an option of pncpg you can set it to index or my gallery, I prefered the second as I give free galleries to my clients. and basically I want them to store thier pics and invite friends etc,. The thing is that when you enter as "Guest" the link takes you to "my gallery" and as guest cannot have private album it takes you to the blank page. That's why I want the public album list to point the index page always.
I don't know why there should be a link to the same page????

Also don't know anything of PHP so I can't have guest going to index and users to my gallery, would that be possible?????

Anyway do I have to make the changes in all theme.php's

Also could you please help me with the other 2 querries.
Thanks
Roshlin

P.S. Soy de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 12:19:09 am »

You have to apply the changes to theme.php for all themes you are actually using (usually only the one you set up in coppermine config needs changing).
Now this is something fishy: I think this may be related to an extra option only the pnCPG port created by Cas has: in standalone coppermine, there's no such option to determine where the "gallery" link of the main nav sends you to (because there actually is no such link outside of coppermine pointing towrds it), so I'm not quite sure if this is related to something that is inherent to pnCPG or any custom modifications you applied. In any case, I'll move this thread back to the pnCPG support board to attract Cas' attention to it once more (sorry for moving this back and forth ;))

Joachim

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 08:51:47 pm »

pnCPG offers a range of parameters to set when calling coppermine.
One can point to the index, a category or the usergallery. In addition language and them can be set. From the sideblocks, one can go directly to the picture, the album or even send an e-card.
Before version 2.4 guest access was achieved by creating a user Guest for which rights should/could be set. As of 2.4 also the normal guest account can be activated.
Apparently under that conditions My Gallery points to a blank page.
Could call this a bug, and I will take care of that, on the other hand the option of "my gallery"  withing Postnuke should only be made available to registered users.
The forthcoming 2.5 will contain a fix for this 'bug'.

Hopefully this clarifies the situation,

Cas

Roshlin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 11:17:37 pm »

Hi Cas,

the option of "my gallery"  withing Postnuke should only be made available to registered users.
could you please tell me how this can be achieved.

Also if you help in my other 2 queries.

Thanks

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 08:25:46 pm »

You can make the link for My_gallery only available to registered users by using standard PostNuke Permissions. In the next version(2.5) this is already automated within pnCPG.

I only have the lastvisit dateand regdate in the users table, so what are you refering to ?

Issue 2 is default behaviour, nothing to do with pnCPG.

Cas

Roshlin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 09:51:08 pm »

Hi Cas,
Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes I refer to the last visit column, it is not getting updated, it remains the same as reg date.

and I know the the issue 2 is default behavior and nothing to do with  pncpg, only that i feel it would be better if the user could see the latest pics once he has uploaded them. Is it possible to make this enhancement.

Thanks
Roshlin

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 09:58:15 pm »

Lastvisit only gets updated when people actually use the login page. If your users just keep their cookie and are remembered then it isn't updated.

Roshlin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 10:00:39 pm »

Thanks nibbler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.