Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error with Registered group and Admin tools  (Read 4127 times)

Phoenixoverlord

• Coppermine newbie
Error with Registered group and Admin tools
« on: June 13, 2004, 06:08:11 pm »

First of: we integrated the CPG 1.3 with SMF

Under the group button the Registered group has been disappearing since yesterday, for no apparent reason at all. When we set the permissions for the Registered group (like folder size, upload, etc.) it suddenly disappears. When we press groups again the group is back but with the standard settings (no upload, folder size = 1 kb, etc...). (it worked before perfectly)

In the sql database the group got the ID = -1. We've set it manually in the database so that our members can upload and view pics, but we can't change permissions within the Coppermine control panel.

Another problem is a query problem. We can't access the admin tools as it gives a database error. If we run it in debug mode this is what we get:

While executing query "SELECT aid, category, IF(realName IS NOT NULL, CONCAT('(', realName, ') ',title), CONCAT(' - ', title)) AS title FROM cpg130_albums AS a LEFT JOIN smf_members AS u ON category = (10000 + ID_MEMBER) ORDER BY category, title" on

mySQL error: Table 'flaming_gallery.smf_members' doesn't exist

File: /home/flaming/public_html/regulars/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 110

Any solutions for this?

Thanks for your help!  :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Error with Registered group and Admin tools
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 06:30:27 pm »

When you integrate, then the users are classed by their group in the forum, not by their group in coppermine.  That is why the registered users group is changed,  it isn't needed.

So to allow your users to upload etc, you should sync the groups, so that junior memberd etc have the permissions.

If you have commented out the line in the bridge, which means  post related groups are not used, that just means they are all also classed as reg users, have the same visibility permissions.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Phoenixoverlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 06:57:16 pm »

Since we're relatively new at this, how should we sync the groups?

This is from the bridge file:

// Comment this out if you want to default user's group to 'Registered'
// rather than using Post Count based groups.
//define('USE_POST_GROUPS', 1);

// Set the names of implied groups here
define('CM_ADMIN_GROUP_NAME', 'Administrators');
define('CM_MEMBERS_GROUP_NAME', 'Registered');
define('CM_GUEST_GROUP_NAME', 'Anonymous');
define('CM_BANNED_GROUP_NAME', 'Banned');
define('CM_GMOD_GROUP_NAME', 'Global Moderators');

Currently it looks like this. Should we leave the define('USE_POST_GROUPS', 1); in? Now all our groups are in the group tab, but if we select the one with the lowest posts (0-50 posts) it only allows those members to upload, etc and not those with a higher postcount.

I suppose what you mean is to give those lowest post or junior members the rights, but how do we include it so the other senior members get included as well? Is there a setting for this in either Coppermine or is it something which has to be done in SMF?

Sorry for all the questions.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 08:31:33 pm »

you have it set as I do.  You need to go into groups, and give all the groups that came from smf the priviledges you want..
Then, they should all be able to upload, but because you have the line commented out, they will all see albums restricted to registered users.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Phoenixoverlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 08:57:07 pm »

The problem is that the reg. group disappears. When we click again on groups it reappears but with all settings opposite to those we set. The other user groups have been set to what we want, however when we go to Albums and wish to set the restrictions, the reg. users group isn't even there. Unless we set it manually in the database we can't select that one.

Selecting the lowest post group makes the album only viewable by those and not by any senior group. What is making the registered group disappear and appear with the standard settings? Do you have any idea?  :-\\

It just started doing this from one day to the next without anyone having changed a thing.

Phoenixoverlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 10:28:52 pm »

Just a random thought: could this have anything to do with the fact that we're using two databases? One for the Coppermine forum and one for the SMF forum? For the error we get in the Admin control panel indicates it's searching for a table of the SMF forum (smf_members) in the Coppermine database. Of course it won't find it there.

When you run the install should you actually choose the same database as the SMF one?

Sorry to bother again, but it's all I can think of for now...  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 12:01:48 am »

probably yes - unless you're a coding genius, it's highly recommended to have both the bbs and coppermine share one database (as suggested in the docs).

GauGau

Phoenixoverlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 07:43:02 am »

We'ce combined the databases and the admin function is fixed. However the problem with the Registered groups remains. It still disappears when we click on Groups or appears with standard settings which override everything. Apparently this isn't database related... Any ideas for this one?

zenpierre

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 11:24:49 am »

As anybody an answer for this groups problem ? I am also in the same situation where after having installed the bridge to SMF, if I click once on the groups, I see the smf groups and if I click once again on groups, I get additional ones like : Registred - Anaymous.
The problem sis that it won't accept any permission update on these and that my users can't upload anymore.... ???

Please help me  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 10:15:14 am »

link and test user account (non-admin) please, together with screenshots (attach them to your posting, using the "additional options" when composing a message).

Joachim

RockAndRollBot

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2004, 11:58:30 pm »

This is what I've found so far...  the default coppermine groups are there to stay and have "issues", and basically should be ignored by the admin.  If you create new groups in smf, they will show in cpg and you can set permissions to these new groups and they will stay.  So in SMF, I have made a group called "trusted users" and in coppermine I grant them access similar to "registered users" in the non-bridged install of cpg.  Works fine so far, but I don't have it tested by a non-admin account yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.