Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Help] Creating Thumb and Intermediate Images and Removing fullsized images?  (Read 3783 times)

pricelessuk

• Coppermine newbie

Hi, I have recently setup coppermine and everything went smoothly, its an awesome product. Problem is that i'm limited on space on my host so what i want to do is, allow uploads of any sized files but i want coppermine to resize these images. Basically i want the thumbnails and the intermediate images to be created and then i want coppermine to delete the original images that were uploaded, so there are no full size images at all.

Could someone please give me some help on how to do this? i have searched through the forum but couldn't find exactly what i needed.

Thanks in advance
Matt
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 09:03:40 am by GauGau »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

If you read the documentation you'll find instructions on how to do what you want.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

pricelessuk

• Coppermine newbie

I have looked through the documentation that came with CPG1.3 and i can't see any references to what i want to do, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Matt

Nibbler

You can delete full size images in admin tools, although not automatically on upload.

pricelessuk

• Coppermine newbie

Would coding automatic deletion after image resize be hard, as i'm not that familar with PHP.. Suppose i would then also have to remove the image link from the intermediate image.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Probably the easier thing to do is batch resize before even uploading. Then you don't have to muck with the code. Here is a tutorial.

pricelessuk

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the tutorial but i want resizing done online by coppermine, because i want people with no computer knowledge to upload images with them having to do anything with a photo package on there pc...

Would this be easier to achieve?

Remove intermediate images, so they are not created or displayed(believe this is an option in config) then have the original images(as in full sized) resized by coppermine to the same size the intermediate images would be..

Can the original images be resized, or does coppermine have to create a new resized image from an original image?

Thanks for all your help
Matt

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

The devel version will resize images during upload if they are larger than the max size set in the config options.  You'll have to wait until 1.4 is released for that functionality.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

pricelessuk

• Coppermine newbie

ok, thanks kegobeer... looks like i'm gonna play the waitin game.. Roll on version 1.4

Thanks to all that replied...

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.