Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: doesnt let me upload  (Read 7594 times)

jamar190

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • me
doesnt let me upload
« on: November 04, 2004, 07:31:12 pm »

somethings wrong i got this
Warning: fopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/www/meygan.freelinuxhost.com/coppermine/upload.php on line 1355

also this...
File Name/URL Error Message
1. Cat_expands.gif Not a GD extension.

what is it and how do i fix it??

thanks(for future help)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 07:41:55 pm by jamar190 »
if you read this, you eat children...

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: doesnt let me upload
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 02:51:24 am »

First error:  A search for that error on Google turned up a useful post on the Official XOOPS Website Support Forums:

If you're having problems with fopen("url...") but you can run 'host url' in a shell window and get the correct lookup, here's why...

This has had me banging my head against it all day - finally I found the answer buried in the bug reports, but figured it should really be more prominent!

The problem happens when you're on an ADSL line with DHCP (like our office)... When the ADSL modem renews the DHCP lease, you can also switch DNS servers, which confuses apache (and hence PHP) - meaning that you can't look up hosts from within PHP, even though you *can* from the commandline.... The short-term solution is to restart apache.

You'll get "php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in ..." messages as symptoms. Restart apache, and they're gone.

Simon

So it sounds like you or your webhost needs to restart Apache.

Second error:  A quick read of the documentation explains Coppermine doesn't support GIFs when using GD.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.