Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.3.1 Counter doesn't increase last commented and most viewed pictures  (Read 3088 times)

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster

Hi there,

I have searched but haven't found a solution for the following question.

My counter doesn't seem to increase the counter number when people go directly to the most viewed or last commented images.
The only way it seems to increase is if they really are looking in the album itself. I see a lot of people only viewing the best vieuwed pictures but the counter doesn't count them. So I was wondering if there is someting wrong with it or am I the only one?

In the script I found (displayimage.php)

// Add 1 to hit counter
    if ($album != "lasthits" && !in_array($pid, $USER['liv']) && isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$CONFIG['cookie_name'] . '_data'])) {
        add_hit($pid);
        if (count($USER['liv']) > 4) array_shift($USER['liv']);
        array_push($USER['liv'], $pid);
    }

is there a way to modify this or do I have to search for the solution in another part of the file (or different file)?

Thnx a lot in advance!

Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

lamama

• Contributor
Re: CPG 1.3.1 Counter doesn't increase last commented and most viewed pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 09:11:12 pm »

I today watched a strange LASTHITS-behavior that maybe is connected with the above problem:

I acutally watch a anonymous user who is opening some pictures in my gallery. I can follow his behaviour realtime in the apache access_log.
Curious about what he was actually watching, I clicked on LASTHITS - but the last entry was from an hour ago.

Then I browsed the album myself and clicked on some thumbs.
They DID appear in the LASTHITS view.

I tried the same with different thumbnail views: Tophis, Lastup, Toprated...
LASTHITS always logged my clicks, but NOT the ongoing clicks of that other user (who browsed regular albums and the Lastup view).

So I guess there must be something that keeps LASTHITS from working properly.

lamama

• Contributor
Re: CPG 1.3.1 Counter doesn't increase last commented and most viewed pictures
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 11:09:02 pm »

Ooops! Found out that the particular gallery mentioned above was still running under version 1.3.0  :o  Just updated it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.