Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: philosophy for album folders  (Read 3418 times)

tivo_lover

• Coppermine newbie
philosophy for album folders
« on: August 20, 2004, 11:45:34 pm »

I just installed CPG last week and love it so far. I have a pretty basic question. I am loading most of my photos and vids using the batch process. Is there a recommened practice on naming the folders under albums. I started off putting everything in a single folder. Then I thought it would be a good idea to have it mirror my album structure. Is this best, does it matter, is there a better way? TIA

CW

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: philosophy for album folders
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 11:54:21 pm »

I think it would help to upload your files in batches of folders that mirror your album structure. For example, if you were to put the contents of 3 albums and upload it in one folder, you would then have to sort out the photos before clicking upload (by manually checking/unchecking the files you want to upload into a particular album). Or you would have to reorganize after the upload. By putting each album into its own folder, you don't have to do extra sorting out. Server-wise, it's probably a good thing to break down the uploads, too.

Another thing, well, it's hard to describe without examples. Let's say you have an album you called Trips and want to separate them based on years. You would place the photos in folders called 2003, 2004, etc. You would then place those folders into another folder for Trips. When you do the batch upload, selecting Trips would also select 2003, 2004, etc. The files would already be separated by year. You would just select the appropriate album pertaining to the folder you are uploading.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 12:11:31 am by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: philosophy for album folders
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 03:18:39 am »

another suggestion for folder names within the albums folder: no special chars, no spaces, all lower case. In fact, use "a" to "z", "0" to "9", minus ("-") and underscore ("_").

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.