Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG1.3.2 released  (Read 47668 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG1.3.2 released
« on: August 18, 2004, 07:41:31 am »

Coppermine 1.3.2 (standalone) has just been released. It doesn't have new features (compared to cpg1.3.0 or cpg1.3.1), it only fixes some bugs that existed in the previous releases. All users are encouraged to upgrade their version to cpg1.3.2Custom themes that were designed for cpg1.3.0 or cpg1.3.1 can be used with cpg1.3.2 as well, all users upgrading from earlier versions using a custom theme will have to upgrade their theme as well - the docs folder of the release package contains a short howto named "theme.htm".
To allow easier upgrades there has been a last-minute contribution to the package (that is available in english only, as there was no time to have it translated before the release): use the versioncheck tool to see if you actually upgraded all necessary files on your webserver with the files from the upgrade package. To do so, just point your browser to versioncheck.php in the root folder of your coppermine install, e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/versioncheck.php.

Download cpg1.3.2 here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/coppermine/cpg1.3.2.zip?download

GauGau
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 10:23:13 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CPG1.3.2 released
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 07:55:54 am »

urm, I forgot to mention: this version is the standalone version of Coppermine (that can be bridged with bulletin board softwares like phpBB, YaBB SE, SMF, IPB, vBulletin, PunBB). It can not be used as module with phpNuke/postNuke. Those who run nuke are encouraged to go to http://www.nukephotogallery.com/ and get "Coppermine for CMS" there.

GauGau

PCGUY112887

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 01:03:46 am »

Would I just replace the modified files and add the new files?
Is there a list somewhere on what files were added/edited? 
I have never had to upgrade before  ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:26:33 am »

read the documentation that comes with the package, it has a guide how to upgrade, or check the online version (documentation link at the top of this screen). The list of changed items is on this thread and in the changelog. If you want to find out tiny details, you will have to use a diff viewer like winmerge, but I can't see a reason why you would want to do this.

GauGau

apassio

• Coppermine novice
    • Christine & Son's website
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 08:27:57 am »

Hello,
I just upgraded to 1.3.2, looks all ok. Thanks!
I have one question. Part of the upgrade procedure is to backup the anycontent.php and NOT to ovewrite it, so I did not overwrite it during the upgrade.
So when I run the versioncheck.php, I'm being told that my anycontent.php version is old (1.2.1)? Should I overwrite it with the latest one or not? If yes, what are the implications?

Also, I did manually modify the path to "other photos" in eCard.php. I suppose that I need to redo those changes in the same file at every upgrade?

Thanks
Regards

Son

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 08:32:35 am »

if you use anycontent, keep the older version and ignore the warning in versioncheck.php

Of course you will have to re-apply all modifications you made to files that have been changed during the upgrade process.

GauGau

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 09:20:03 am »

split posting from frogfoot into separate thread and moved it to bugs board. Please do not report potential bugs on this thread.

GauGau

loverboy

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 06:18:59 pm »

HI I am about to upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2.

When I did the upgrade from 1.2.1 I think I messed up some things (like groupmgr nad stuff never upgraded yet I can upload vids lol)

So I just want to make sure, that following the instructions, all the photo albums, comments, etc. would stay intact?

Thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 06:23:18 pm »

Yes, you don't lose anything when you upgrade. Use versioncheck.php to check the files are upgraded properly.

loverboy

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 11:09:28 pm »

It works. This program is GENIUS!!!!

luchtzak

• Coppermine novice
    • Luchtzak Aviation
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 12:58:06 am »

Works fine! Thanks ;)

drunkentre

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 05:39:33 pm »

Fantastico says i should upgrade & i've read the upgrades and it seems worth it, BUT i've just finished modding up my gallery with my forum & stuff, and i really cant be bothered to do it all again. will i lose everything with the auto upgrade?

fantastico says i will, well, it says not to upgrade if i've installed mod's - what says you??

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2004, 05:51:45 pm »

We say don't use fantastico in the first place....

If you are looking to update from a 1.3.x install then you could use a diff viewer/merger to update the files and then run the update.php. If you have 1.2.x then you would need to overwrite the files and re-apply the mods. Maybe some of the mods are now standard features in the latest version.

As for the 'auto-upgrade' I can't possibly know what that will do to your gallery.

evargas

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 07:27:14 pm »

After upgrading to 1.3.2 Batch Add Files does not display directories niether Upload Approval.

Any ideas why is it not showing up? With 1.1 Bath Add was ok. Upgrade process went correctly.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 07:28:23 pm »

You probably have your files/folders in the userpics folder. Please read the documentation on it.

wildnsyko

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 02:50:40 am »

urm, I forgot to mention: this version is the standalone version of Coppermine (that can be bridged with bulletin board softwares like phpBB, YaBB SE, SMF, IPB, vBulletin, PunBB). It can not be used as module with phpNuke/postNuke. Those who run nuke are encouraged to go to http://www.nukephotogallery.com/ and get "Coppermine for CMS" there.

GauGau

Actually, you can link it to PHP with no problem.  I have it done on my site.

SaigonK

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 05:50:19 am »

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the hard work you guys do!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.