Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie file types  (Read 5152 times)

marz

• Coppermine newbie
Movie file types
« on: July 27, 2004, 07:22:07 am »

I've run into a funky problem with support of movie files in coppermine 1.3.1.  I'm unable to batch add .mp4 movies (MPEG Layer 4), even it I add the .mp4 extension to the allowed movie file types in the coppermine config (using the comma delimited list: mov, mp4, wmv, rm, avi).  What file types does coppermine support when the setting is "ALL"?  The manual says:

>"ALL" will result in all allowed movie file types to be uploaded. If you want to restrict the allowed file types to certain extensions only, enter a coma-separated list of extensions, e.g. >wmv,avi,mov."

Since it appears that in the default "ALL" configuration .mp4 is not supported how would that support be added?  I tried appending the mp4 extension to the config after "ALL" (ALL, mp4), however, that results in all currently placed movies (mov and wmv format) to loose there custom or generic icons and still I'm unable to add a mp4 to the gallery?  Is a code hack necessary to support mp4?

Thanks for your attention

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Movie file types
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 07:45:08 am »

xou'll need a tool like phpMyAdmin to manually edit the mySQL table cpg_filetypes. You will have to add another line like this INSERT INTO cpgXXX_filetypes VALUES ('mpeg', 'video/mpeg', 'movie');

GauGau

marz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Movie file types
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 07:53:29 am »

Ah, I'll try adding that table when I get my development server back online, need the production server stable this weekend.  Thanks for the help, I really appreciate the quick response!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.