Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded 1.5.44 to 1.5.46, now any config gets 403 error  (Read 7520 times)

Lon

• Coppermine newbie
Upgraded 1.5.44 to 1.5.46, now any config gets 403 error
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:43:59 pm »

Hello, I just upgraded from longtime stable 1.4.44 to 1.5.46 and now when I try to make any config settings I get a 403 error (Access to this resource on the server is denied!). If this is a file/folder permission issue, and if so, is there a list of what they should be? TIA

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Upgraded 1.5.44 to 1.5.46, now any config gets 403 error
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 08:03:58 pm »

Ore likely a file ownership issue. Probably est to talk to your host about how best to correct this on their setup as it can be done many different ways.

What usually happens is when you upgraded, the files will be owned by the ftp user, or whatever user you were logged on with in your ftp app. This user probably has a set of permissions that do not have write abilities to files or the database. The docs explain what files and filters should be set to permission wise, but this may not help fully on all server setups.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.