Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug report and possible fix in /include/makers/canon.php v.1.6.03  (Read 4686 times)

jsh

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie

Hi folks,

After working well for years, a picture was recently uploaded to my installation of CPG which broke displayimage.php, resulting in the following php-error message:
"
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use assign-op operators with string offsets in /home/www/include/makers/canon.php:241 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/include/makers/canon.php(425): formatCanonData('USHORT', '0001', 0, 98, Array, '0') #1 /home/www/include/exif.php(755): parseCanon('\x00&\x00\x01\x00\x03\x00\x00\x001\x00\x00\x05N\x00...', Array, Resource id #33, 30) #2 /home/www/include/exif.php(1015): read_entry(Array, Resource id #32, Resource id #33, 0, 'SubIFD', 30) #3 /home/www/include/exif_php.inc.php(51): read_exif_data_raw('albums/userpics...', 0) #4 /home/www/displayimage.php(212): exif_parse_file('albums/userpics...', '2902') #5 /home/www/displayimage.php(462): html_picinfo() #6 {main} thrown in /home/www/include/makers/canon.php on line 241
"

Without reeeeally understanding what is going on in all detail, I believe the bug is in line 242 of /include/makers/canon.php:
$result['SubIFD']['MakerNote'][$tag_name] = ''; // insure the index exists

However, just one line below that variable is passed by reference to $formated_data - and there, it is used as an associative array.

Therefore, I think(!) the fix is to initialize the variable as an empty array rather than an empty string:
$result['SubIFD']['MakerNote'][$tag_name] = array(); // insure the index exists

After that fix, the picture displays well.

I hope this makes sense to somebody in the programming team.
Thanks to everybody that keeps CPG alive!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Bug report and possible fix in /include/makers/canon.php v.1.6.03
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:46:07 am »

Thank you for the feedback. It would seem that you've correctly assessed the situation.

Would you be able to supply the image for testing purposes? You can PM me a link, if needed.

jsh

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 08:28:32 pm »

Hi ron4mac,

Many thanks for your response. I have PM'd you some deep links to images that throw the error.

Cheers,

Simon

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 09:27:08 pm »

Thanks for your help. Correction made at the Github repository.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.