Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade from 1.5, installer and Google index  (Read 21983 times)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: upgrade from 1.5, installer and Google index
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 02:19:28 pm »

If everything is running okay, then I guess there is no reason to do anything else. If there are problems, then it didn't get installed correctly and should be re-installed.

If you installed CPG1.6 and then reloaded a database backup over it ... this would have been a wrong thing to do.

It's really a simple procedure:
- back up your files and database if you choose (not to be needed/used unless by some small chance you want to revert to CPG1.5)
- place the installer_stub in the root folder of your installation
- run the installer_stub
- done; enjoy your CGP 1.6.x gallery

littbarski

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: upgrade from 1.5, installer and Google index
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 03:43:02 pm »

thank you again for all your help. As said at the beginning, it's great to have such an image gallery you can use and also change (themes etc.) that easily. I like it to have control over my website and its files (not the case in many easy website builders).

so I will leave it as it is, as it works fine. to repeat what I did (perhaps interesting for anyone reading this): I wanted to upgrade from 1.5.20 to 1.6. The upgrader.php did not work, perhaps because of plugins, perhaps because of some of the many adaptions I made to the theme and options. So I copied the old (working) 1.5.20 to a new directory in FTP, connected it to a new database where I imported before the old (working) database of 1.5.20. Then I copied all 1.6 files from GitHub via FTP into the new directory I created for the new Coppermine version. Then I startet update.php and everything works fine (except some FTP copy errors which were perhaps not even errors).

As I like, as mentioned, to change some things in the Coppermine gallery, I also notice which functions I don't need.

so my last question is for kind of "clean up" now: when everyhing with install or upgrade of a Coppermine gallery is fine, can I just delete the php functions in FTP I don't need? I don't want to delete a lot or things I don't know anything about, just the basic features I DON'T use like:
contact.php
addfav.php
captcha.php
ecard.php
delfav.pph
calendar.php
zipdownload.php

I don't use them and there is no UI options for them in my gallery. So is it ok to delete those file then in my FTP folder?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.