Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom album image  (Read 11323 times)

FrA1l3

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • ACMSB
Custom album image
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:54:56 pm »

Hello,

Would it be possible to add an album image that is not a file from the album itself?

Let me explain, I have a gallery with world banknotes, I would like to put as an album image the flag of each country, but evidently when entering I only want the coins and bills to appear, not the file as such of the flag.
Right now the only option available is to change the generic file thumb_nopic.png but it applies to all.

If you have good to take it into account please, I appreciate it.
thank you!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Custom album image
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 05:01:43 pm »

That's possible if the picture resides in another Coppermine album with one of the following workarounds:

1. With a tool like phpMyAdmin, open the "albums" table, search for the correct album and set "thumb" to the picture ID of your desired album picture

2. Use the album keyword feature to temporary add the desired picture to the album, set it as album picture and then remove the album keyword.
How-to:
- In Coppermine, open the album properties and set a album keyword, let's say "tmpkeyword"
- Edit the file information of the desired picture and add the same keyword as above to that picture (i.e. tmpkeyword)
- Now, the picture should be part of the album and you can set it as album picture
- To remove the album picture from the album, just remove the temporary keyword from the album, the picture or both.

FrA1l3

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • ACMSB
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 05:48:33 pm »

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you André, that's nice solution for me  :D

best regards!

Guitaristka

• Coppermine newbie
    • Rock Ladies - goin' crazy или Rock-Lady, творящие безумство!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 10:55:39 am »

Sorry, but it didn't help ((The picture still hangs in the gallery

That's possible if the picture resides in another Coppermine album with one of the following workarounds:

1. With a tool like phpMyAdmin, open the "albums" table, search for the correct album and set "thumb" to the picture ID of your desired album picture

2. Use the album keyword feature to temporary add the desired picture to the album, set it as album picture and then remove the album keyword.
How-to:
- In Coppermine, open the album properties and set a album keyword, let's say "tmpkeyword"
- Edit the file information of the desired picture and add the same keyword as above to that picture (i.e. tmpkeyword)
- Now, the picture should be part of the album and you can set it as album picture
- To remove the album picture from the album, just remove the temporary keyword from the album, the picture or both.
music guitar
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.