Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.6.03 php7.1.7 phpbb3 bridge issue - no Admin Controls  (Read 15587 times)

sjj1805

• Coppermine novice
cpg1.6.03 php7.1.7 phpbb3 bridge issue - no Admin Controls
« on: August 15, 2017, 01:51:24 am »

To Test cpg 1.6 I created a new installation alongside my existing one.
My Existing install of cpg 1.5.18 is bridged with my PHPBB 3.2.1 and cpg is located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum
My Clean install of cpg 1.6.03 is located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\bmark - This has its own dedicated Mysqli Database and so is seperate from the 1.5 installation.

I have no problems with Admin Controls on the original 1.5 installation.
However - If I do NOT use bridging and log into 1.6 as an Administrator I can see the Admin controls, There is an option under "My Gallery" To Hide Admin Controls, though I have not opted to do so.
If I then use the bridging option, if I log in with the same Admin user as before, I no longer have the Admin Controls. There are no options listed under "My Gallery"
The username and password in PHPBB3 and also CPG are identical.
Having activated the bridging method, the only way I can revert to it no longer being bridged is via PhpMyAdmin and manually editing the config table.

Anyone else having this problem?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cpg1.6.03 php7.1.7 phpbb3 bridge issue - no Admin Controls
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:13 pm »

if I log in with the same Admin user as before

Actually it's not the same user, even if it's the same username and password in phpBB and Coppermine. If your gallery is bridged, you log in with your phpBB user. You need to check which group(s) that user belongs to in phpBB and verify if a group has admin privileges in Coppermine:
Code: (bridge/phpbb3.inc.php) [Select]
$this->admingroups = $BRIDGE['admingroups_phpbb3'] ? explode(',', $BRIDGE['admingroups_phpbb3']) : array(5);

sjj1805

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:19:45 pm »

Finally Solved it. Yes it was to do with the bridging groups, I think what threw me was the fact it had all been working for several years.
I had to modify phpbb3.inc.php in the "Bridge" Sub-folder as per the following:

Go to your forum, log into AdminCP; click on the tab "Users and Groups" and go to "Manage groups". you'll see all your forum groups now and next to them 3 links (Settings/Members/Delete); click on "Settings" next to the group you want to give portal admin permissions. now take a look at the address line, which should similarly to this: http://yourdomain.com/phpbb3/adm/index.php?i=groups&sid=[randomnumbersandletters]&icat=12&mode=manage&action=edit&g=64 In our example above, the group's ID is 64;

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:50:35 pm »

Thanks for resolving the thread. Marking accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.