Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why link to a category shows all kinds of albums outside that category  (Read 6221 times)

brynn

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Inkscape Commmunity

Hi Friends,
My CPG gallery version 1.5.34:  https://inkscapecommunity.com/ic_gallery/index.php

Why is it when I click on the Coloring Pages category, on the front page of my gallery (or click this link:  https://inkscapecommunity.com/ic_gallery/index.php?cat=8), it doesn't just open that category.  It shows a lot of user galleries, plus the the 2 albums in that category, but doesn't show the sub-category (Quilt Patterns) at all.

At first I thought it might be because "Pages" was too common of a word.  But I tried renaming the category to just "Coloring" or "Coloring Designs", but that didn't fix the problem.  Could it be the word "Coloring" that's too common??

If I click on any of the other categories, they correctly open only that category.  I just don't understand why this "Coloring Pages" category is not behaving itself.

Thanks for your help  :)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Edit your 'User galleries' category to make sure that the 'Parent category' is set to '* No category *'.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity

User Galleries' Parent Category is already set for * No Category *.  Screenshot attached.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity

Arrgh, these "no edits allowed" forums make me crazy!!

I just forgot to say "Thanks"

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

It's not normal behavior ... so perhaps it has something to do with this:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78020.msg377274.html#msg377274

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I looked at the code for the 'toplevelusers' plugin that you are using. There is at least one bit of problematic code in there. I think the plugin may be causing your current issue. Uninstall it (plugin manager) to find out.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

This should correct your issue ...

In the codebase.php file in your toplevelusers plugin, find:
Code: [Select]
function tlu_plugin_block($var)
{
global $cat_data;
replace with:
Code: [Select]
function tlu_plugin_block($var)
{
global $cat_data, $cat;
( add , $cat to third line )

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity

Wow - I don't know how you scouted out where the problem was, but it looks like you are right on!  How could the problem with the toplevelusers plugin cause the problem only in that particular category?

Well anyway, very nice fix!

Now see the Coloring Pages category:  https://inkscapecommunity.com/ic_gallery/index.php?cat=8

It's perfect!

Thank you SO MUCH!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

How could the problem with the toplevelusers plugin cause the problem only in that particular category?

It was because the fault in the plugin messed things up when a category had a sub-category.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity

Oh, ok.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.