Support > cpg1.5 bridging

Coppermine and IPB Help

(1/3) > >>

chris53:
We have been using CPG1.5 bridged to IPB V3 for years, with a current Gallery containing in excess of 5000 images.

IPB V3 is now obsolete and unsupported, so much as we don't want to, we have to move to IPB V4. Try as we might, we cannot find a bridge to link CPG 1.5 to IPB 4, so it looks like we're going to have to switch to a IPB Gallery.

Rather than attempt to import our current images into IPB (not even sure that's possible) we're wondering if we could simply turn off our current bridge, and retain CPG 1.5 as a locked (to new image uploads), standalone, search and read-only photo archive, whilst directing any new images to a new IPB Gallery

I've read tales of doom and gloom elsewhere about files or users being deleted if we mess with bridge files, or switch bridging on or off, so any advice on how proceed safely would be much appreciated.

btw - if anyone has ever seen a IPB4 bridge, we'd love to hear about it!

Thanks.
Chris

phill104:
I have never used IPB. Problem is, it is a paid package making it hard for us to create a bridge. If IPB can allow the dev team a copy for development purposes then maybe one of the team can update the bridge.

chris53:
Hi Phill - thanks for the reply. Perhaps unsurprisingly, IPB are not particularly helpful when it comes to third party Galleries - they're busy selling their own version!

The last time we had this problem was several years ago, and we ended up paying a freelance developer in America around $25 for a updated bridge.

phill104:
I did try contacting IPB to request some information but have yet to recieve a reply. As far as I know, none of the Dev team have access to an IPB install so adjusting the bridge is going to be hard.

phill104:
The IPB team have been in contact and have been very forthcoming. They are providing us with a copy of IPB for development use which I will make available to the dev team. Hopefully if any of the team have the time we will look at the possibility of upgrading the current bridge to work with IPS 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version