Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Step 8: no database in dropdown menu  (Read 11456 times)

RockyL

• Coppermine newbie
Install Step 8: no database in dropdown menu
« on: August 16, 2017, 04:51:56 pm »

I have Coppermine working on another directory on my website, and wanted to use it in a separate directory for another purpose. I installed Coppermine 1.5.46 and got to installation step 8 on the new install wizard where I am presented with a drop-down menu for existing databases.  The drop-down is completely blank -- no databases show in the drop down.  I verified with my web host that I have four databases configured properly, yet Coppermine can't find any of them.  Can you suggest what I am doing wrong?  I am not a tech wizard.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Install Step 8: no database in dropdown menu
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:31:22 pm »

Does the MySQL user have access to your databases? Please check the permissions of that user or try another user.

RockyL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 04:51:12 pm »

In Step 7, I get the response "Successful connection with database."  I checked the database on the CPanel provided by the host, and user privileges are set to "all."  But for some reason, Coppermine stops at Step 8 because it can't "see" any of the four databases I have.  No databases appear on the drop-down menu.  I'm stuck... don't know what to do.  This is weird because Coppermine 1.5.46 is working on a different directory on the same website. There is also a separate database on the same site integrated with a WordPress blog -- so I know the MySQL functionality of my website and host is working correctly.  I just can't set up a separate gallery on a different folder with a different database to work with Coppermine.  Ready to find another more easily-configurable photo gallery software since Coppermine won't work.

RockyL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 05:03:47 pm »

So I figured it out.  I went back to read the config.inc file of the Coppermine gallery that was working and determined the database that I was linking to in Step 7 was something different.  I used the user name and PW for the database in the config.inc file that was working for the new Coppermine gallery that I wanted to create.  That worked.  Steps completed, issue resolved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.