Support > Looking for Freelancers / Paid help

Convert a Gallery 2 site to Coppermine

<< < (2/4) > >>

michael wolfe:
No takers? No help out there?

ron4mac:
I quickly looked into doing it after your first post. I wouldn't want to be paid for doing it so, if it would be fairly easy, I thought I could help you out. I determined that it could be quite a bit of work... perhaps more than I wanted to commit to. Let me take another look at it. I have set up G2 and CPG installs to test with. Are you able to get a database dump of your G2 install? It would be helpful to see that. I'll PM you my contact email. If you can't read personal messages here, let me know.

ron4mac:
I am crafting an importer for you (Gallery 2 -> CPG 1.6.x).
Caveats:
  CPG has no album hierarchy, so all user albums will be at one level.
  Passwords can not be transferred. CPG accounts will be created with generated passwords.
  It may not be possible to transfer special permissions that may be set for some users.

michael wolfe:
That sounds very interesting and something I might be able to manage. I dont mind having to re-do the password or re-create any special permissions (there really are not any except admins).  Trying to get you the database dump today.

ron4mac:
The attached importer will only work with CPG 1.6.x

Create a CPG1.6 installation. Conflicting usernames will not be imported so enter a unique admin username (e.g. cpgadmin).

Place the unzipped importer file in the root of the CPG install.
Access the file as <CPG url>/import_gallery2.php ... you will need to be logged in as the admin.
Follow the simple instruction...
Transferred user information will be in albums/edit.

[edit:] As mentioned by André below, the albums/edit directory is subject to being purged (though not with a default CPG 1.6 install). So don't rely on the results of the import to always exist in that directory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version