Support > Looking for Freelancers / Paid help

Convert a Gallery 2 site to Coppermine

(1/4) > >>

michael wolfe:
We need to convert our Gallery site to Coppermine.  I am the site admin, but do not have any server experience (I drive the site but did not build it). I would love to learn how to do things myself (or maybe just learn how to manage it, and do the updates and such) but I don't want to manage this conversion.  The site is somewhat important to the academic and science community and I do not want to loose anything in the conversion.

We have a few hundred dollar budget (we are a non-profit organization).
Our time schedule is open (would like to have it complete by the end of March if possible but for sure by the end of May).
This is our current webpage...

http://gallery.nanfa.org/main.php

ron4mac:
Perhaps a little more information might help someone decide whether to help you:

For what reasons do you want to convert from Gallery 2?
Will the G2 and Coppermine galleries need to co-exist until conversion is completed?
Will you need it to have the same visual appearance as the rest of the NANFA site?
Are there some other specific expectations that need explaining?

phill104:
There is a tool available on these boards but I have not used it in a long time so not sure if it still works.

michael wolfe:

--- Quote from: ron4mac on January 03, 2018, 06:02:03 pm ---Perhaps a little more information might help someone decide whether to help you:

For what reasons do you want to convert from Gallery 2?
Will the G2 and Coppermine galleries need to co-exist until conversion is completed?
Will you need it to have the same visual appearance as the rest of the NANFA site?
Are there some other specific expectations that need explaining?

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the slow reply, for some reason I was not getting notifications... anyway to answer your questions.

Gallery 2 is no longer supported nor being updated and we are concerned about ongoing security.  Plus there is no one to teach me more Gallery 2 stuff to continue to manage the site well.  So I would rather up convert to Coppermine and learn more myself so that we could maintain going forward.

It would be preferred for the old site to stay live until the new site was up and running. But no need for them to "co-exist" for any period of time.  We could even tolerate some short period of time (say a few weeks or a month) where both sites were down.

No, we do not need to maintain the visual appearance of the rest of the NANFA site.  Managing he appearance would be something that I would hope that I would be able to learn to take care of myself.  But regardless, it would be totally acceptable for the site to ahve a different appearance.

My only other expectation is to keep the current permissions and structure so that the photo owners still manage their own content. Also my other expectation is that I might get some opportunity to learn so that I could do more for myself in the future.

michael wolfe:

--- Quote from: Phill Luckhurst on January 03, 2018, 06:34:52 pm ---There is a tool available on these boards but I have not used it in a long time so not sure if it still works.

--- End quote ---

I read about that as well, but between the mixed reviews and my limited "under the hood" skills I thought it best to get some more knowledgeable help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version