Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Additional functionality questions  (Read 3932 times)

trudeaudm

• Coppermine newbie
Additional functionality questions
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:24:38 pm »

Hello All!

Coppermine is looking really nice and I am excited to possibly start using it, but I had a few questions that I was wondering if anyone could answer.

So I was wondering about some of the features for Coppermine:
- Ability to integrate with an existing user database? (For login access to the galleries.)
- Ability to have multiple instances on a single server?
- Able to handle 100,000+ photos, each photo 15MB+? I am assuming there would be no issues in the software for this one, really more of a server limitation.
- Wordpress plugin? Does it have any built-in connectivity for use with Wordpress?

Looking forward to any answers!

Thanks again!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Additional functionality questions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 09:45:15 pm »

Coppermine can bridge to a number of other packages such as PHPbb and those users can automatically be logged on to coppermine with relevant permissions etc. This can be done if you start a fresh gallery, it is not so easy once you have a lot of users in Coppermine as those user id’s would need tying together. So if you do decide to use Coppermine bridged to another ap set it up at the beginning. However, your third party app can have all the users first so Coppermine cane easily be added as once bridged it utilises the user databas of the third party app.

100,000 images is rarely a proble, we have seen galleries exceeding the 5 million mark. That does depend on the server resources but I am sure you are aware of that. Same goes for multiple installs, if the server has the resources there is no problem. They can share the same database by using different prefixes, or use different databases if your server allows.

There are Wordpress plugins available on third party sites but I cannot comment on those as I have never used them. I have used Joomla ones available on this site and they have worked well.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »

- Ability to integrate with an existing user database? (For login access to the galleries.)

There is also a tunnel plugin that could be employed to allow users from another system through use of an encrypted cookie formed from their username, password and an encryption phrase.

trudeaudm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 04:47:39 pm »

Awesome, Thank you for all the information on these questions. This will help me a lot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.