Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with greek characters after upgrading to 1.5.46  (Read 3102 times)

fractalbit

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with greek characters after upgrading to 1.5.46
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:02:05 pm »

Hello evereyone. I am trying to upgrade the gallery of our site (from 1.4.8 ) after moving it to a new server. The upgrade went well without errors and i also managed to setup again the bridge with smf 2.0.14.

The main problem though is that when trying to save anything in greek (anywhere in the gallery, ex. in photo titles or even in the settings) to the database, the fields display nothing after saving them. If i put ONLY english characters in the fields then it saves them without problem.

The greek characters already in the database before the upgrade are displaying correctly.

I think the problem is originating from the way the database were setup in the early days of the site. Specifically the tables and the fields are set in the latin1_swedish encoding while the characters saved inside them are in greek encoding. If i try to convert the fields (from phpmyadmin or with ex. "cast" sql commands) in utf 8 i get only questions marks and the data is therefore useless.

So far i have tried the following 3 settings in the include/config.inc.php:
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['dbcharset'] = 'latin1'; // Displays greek characters from the database correctly

$CONFIG['dbcharset'] = 'utf8'; // Question marks

$CONFIG['dbcharset'] = 'greek'; // I get "chinese" characters

With none of the above i can save greek characters to the db though. Also if i don't put anything about the dbcharset in the config i get the same behavior with $CONFIG['dbcharset'] = 'latin1';

Considering ver 1.4.8 was working correctly with the same (messy) database setup, is there anything i can do in 1.5.46 to make it play nice with the greek characters?

If not, is there a way to fix the mess with the encoding in the database without losing the greek characters in the process?

I am really in despair here and i would be grateful for any help you can provide.

Thanks you in advance!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problem with greek characters after upgrading to 1.5.46
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:17:18 pm »

Do you have the same issues with cpg1.4.8 on your new server? Can you please post some greek characters which fail for you, so we can test if it works as expected in our testbeds?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.