Support > cpg1.5 upload

With Firefox Quantum the multiple files upload using Flash [b]no longer works

(1/4) > >>

DKogan:
Re: Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.46 (stable)

With Firefox Quantum 57.0 the multiple files upload using Flash no longer works.
Flash was upgraded to make sure it wasn't Flash.

The error:
--- Quote ---Upload interface could not load. You may need to install or upgrade Flash Player. Visit the Adobe website to get the Flash Player.
Alternately you can use the single file upload interface.
--- End quote ---

I am very green :-[ when it come to this tech stuff so Please dumb down the answer and give a step by step.

Thank you in advance.

phill104:
With CPG 1.6 we are switching to an HTML5 uploader. You could upgrade to that or use the HTML5 uploader plugin for your current version.

I the mean time, we will investigate to see if there is anything obvious. I assume everything is fine in other browsers.

DKogan:
It was pointed out to me that the Forum moderators want a link to my installation:
https://www.smpub.com/ubb/ssfgallery/index.php

DKogan:

--- Quote from: Phill Luckhurst on November 15, 2017, 08:55:15 pm ---With CPG 1.6 we are switching to an HTML5 uploader. You could upgrade to that or use the HTML5 uploader plugin for your current version.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I am very green but responsible for my site.
I do see a long forum thread about  the HTML5 uploader plugin.
That thread has numerous code suggestions/corrections much are way above my pay grade  ;) so I am unsure which are applicable.
I would appreciate being directed to a 'step by step' to accomplish the Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.46 (stable) upgrade to  the HTML5 uploader plugin.
In reading the forums its apparent everyone is more technical than me/us.....
We have been happily using Coppermine Photo Gallery for years. We have been successfully upgrading Coppermine ourselves without a problem.

A clear step by step would be greatly appreciated but if we have to wait for the next stable release we will try to be patient.

Thanks again & thanks in advance. :)

DKogan:

--- Quote ---I assume everything is fine in other browsers.
--- End quote ---

I would think so but haven't tested.

FYI: Right before the FF upgrade to Quantum my FF was working just fine for single or multiple file uploads to Coppermine.
Simultaneously, we were being to look into some Mac user complaints about  multiple file uploads to Coppermine. We didn't get too far.
The first Mac user got a new device but before the new device/MAC they were not having any issues.
For the second Mac user we need to get more specific info from them. Until then we aren't counting this user as having an open issue until we get more info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version