Support > cpg1.6 upgrading

Logins fail after updating to 1.6.03

(1/6) > >>

aldrichtm:
I've reviewed all the 1.6x upgrading posts and done too many searches (not just in 1.6), and after trying a number of suggestions I'm still not able to login. I was running 1.5.32 before our PHP was updated to 7.0.22. [Side note, PHP7 is required for the current Wordpress, which is probably why providers have upgraded to 7.]

This is the gallery I'm trying to login to. http://www.strategicon.net/photo_galleries/index.php

From the admin side of things...
Once I followed the steps to get things to use mysqli, the update.php was saying everything up to date, but the check versions didn't work and when I tried to login I got a blank page.
Now, when I try to run update.php I get this error "Could not authenticate you". No Apache errors. The user record exists and is an admin.

From the album website...
Everything looks and works like it did when I last saw it working (a year ago), until I try to login. Then I get the blank page. No Apache errors.

Not that I believe I'm using any, but I renamed the plugins directory, as suggested.
I don't use any bridges.
The only configuration I can think of that was done outside the admin pages is a custom header and footer referenced in lang/english.php. And nothing changes when I remove it all.
Hope you can help.

ron4mac:
Which method did you use to update your site files?

aldrichtm:
You might want to assume I did them all. Let's see what I can remember, I've been working on this on and off for over a week.
upgrader.php version 1 and 2, and cpg_installer_stub.php
When all those failed even after getting ZipArchive installed, I believe I found a reference to doing a standard manual update. Really wish that had been emphasized as the safest approach.
Did the manual update.
Ran update.php.
At some point, the mysqli problem got resolved, but I don't remember when.
At some point, I had to chown the files that cpg_installer_stub.php managed to copy over as www.
And, finally discovered the database user password had changed. Fixed that.
Ran the update.php at least twice. First time got a list with a few green check marks. Second time all green.

ron4mac:
If you are able to modify the database, set debug mode:

In the _config table, find the entry for debug_mode. Change its value to 1.

phill104:
Just as a point of order for others, the latest Wordpress will work with PHP 5.2.4 upwards. With PHP 5.6 still over a year from end of life it is frustrating many that the Wordpress team are not being quite as clear as they should be.

As for your site, did you check everything was working before the upgrade, and do you have backups?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version