Support > cpg1.6 upgrading

Update from 1.5

(1/1)

bigdrago:
Hi.
I have a copy of my old photo gallery. V 1.5 something.
Can I install the newest 1.6 and then put my album inside 1.6 folder and do a database recovery from 1.5?

phill104:
Best to follow the upgrade instructions as per the docs. Depending on your server setup you can also use a new method outlined here - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79013.0.html , something we need to document and to move to the 1.6 area of the board.

gmc:
Upgrade instructions assume a running gallery (possibly broken - but existing...)
'New' upgrade method needs 1.5.32 or newer.

If I read the original post - they have a 'copy of' the gallery...
Probably best to recover that as is - then upgrade to 1.6 using one of the methods Phil suggested.

If for some reason you can't get a running copy - my gallery merge plugin should let you pull from old database into a new 1.5.x installation (needs access to old/new database and filesystems for most automated...)
Don't know of any other scripts that will merge (recover) from one gallery into another. It's not a trivial exercise (as the size of that plugin will attest to...)

Haven't reworked the plugin for 1.6 yet.. but should be able to get you to 1.5.46 - then an easy upgrade to 1.6.
You do need to review what plugins you are using before going to 1.6 to insure they are available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version