Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non-static method error - Please help  (Read 6967 times)

Singular

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • A Singular Creation
Non-static method error - Please help
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:50:40 pm »

Hi,

I just started getting these errors today all of a sudden. I have not changed anything in a while and this just started happening.

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makeSuperCage() should not be called statically in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 101
Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Supercage::Factory() should not be called statically in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 282
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt::makeGetCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 247
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 147
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt::makePostCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 249
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 170
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt::makeCookieCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 251
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 192
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt::makeEnvCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 253
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 215
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt::makeFilesCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 255
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 238
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt::makeServerCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 267
Deprecated: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/asingula/public_html/Gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 124

Can anyone please help me resolve?

thanks,
Joe

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Non-static method error - Please help
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:10:32 pm »

That suggests your host has upgraded PHP to a later version. WHat version of Coppermine are you running and what version of PHP are you running.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Singular

• A Singular Creation
Re: Re: Non-static method error - Please help
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:56:06 am »

That suggests your host has upgraded PHP to a later version. WHat version of Coppermine are you running and what version of PHP are you running.
Thanks so much for your reply.  I am running Coppermine version 1.5.20 and looks like php version 5.6.31.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 03:15:13 pm »

Sounds like your ISP upgraded to PHP 5.6 recently...

Several ways to address:
  • Downgrade your PHP back to 5.5 temporarily... Any reasonable ISP should let you do so...
  • Update your php.ini to include:
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
    (which should be the normal case on any 'production live' site)
    again any reasonable ISP should allow
  • Upgrade CPG to 1.5.46 - which I believe addressed these errors sometime after 1.5.20.

Should really do both the second and third items.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Singular

• A Singular Creation
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »

Sounds like your ISP upgraded to PHP 5.6 recently...

Several ways to address:
  • Downgrade your PHP back to 5.5 temporarily... Any reasonable ISP should let you do so...
  • Update your php.ini to include:
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
    (which should be the normal case on any 'production live' site)
    again any reasonable ISP should allow
  • Upgrade CPG to 1.5.46 - which I believe addressed these errors sometime after 1.5.20.

Should really do both the second and third items.
Thanks so much. I will have to delay upgrading my Coppermine since the guy who helped me with that is no longer with me and my site is heavily modded. Will doing step 2 alone fix the issue for now until I can get my Coppermine version updated?

thanks,
Joe

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 04:01:34 pm »

Thanks so much. I will have to delay upgrading my Coppermine since the guy who helped me with that is no longer with me and my site is heavily modded. Will doing step 2 alone fix the issue for now until I can get my Coppermine version updated?

thanks,
Joe
Yes... the messages you posted were 'Strict Standards' - addressed by "~E_STRICT" and 'Deprecated' - addressed by "~E_DEPRECATED" (with ~ meaning NOT...)
Adding that to your php.ini should stop those messages until you can upgrade.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Send me money

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 08:03:47 pm »

Try to get the upgrade done as a matter of urgency. There have been some security issues fixed since your version, we would not like to see you get hacked as a result,
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Singular

• A Singular Creation
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 10:55:29 pm »

Thank you all for your help. Updating the php.ini file worked like a charm.  Can anyone recommend a reliable person to help me with the upgrade to my Coppermine?  I have a very modded gallery that Tomas (who used to a moderator here) helped me with years ago.  I am not confident in doing it myself.

all the best,
Joe

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 11:41:15 pm »

When I'm done dodging a hurricane - I'll send you a message...
If you have any info on the mods done - that will help... Otherwise I'll compare with the 1.5.20 distribution to see what changed and how much 'refitting' is needed.
Greg in Florida!
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Send me money

Singular

• A Singular Creation
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 06:07:08 pm »

When I'm done dodging a hurricane - I'll send you a message...
If you have any info on the mods done - that will help... Otherwise I'll compare with the 1.5.20 distribution to see what changed and how much 'refitting' is needed.
Greg in Florida!
Thanks Greg, and best of luck to you.
Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.