Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User  (Read 2978 times)

Philbeaux

• Coppermine newbie
New User
« on: July 30, 2017, 03:37:27 am »

I just downloaded and installed Coppermine.
And I have lots of questions and concerns.
So I'll just start with a couple of simple questions first.
For starters, Is it possible to embed images uploaded to a Coppermine Gallery to another website or forum?
How about integrating Coppermine with a Content Delivery Network like Amazon Cloudflare or Max CDN?
What about Social Sharing? Is that possible?

And as far as a concern, I'll just be honest. Every resource including a number of plugins seems very dated. How does Coppermine compare to some of the newer photo gallery platforms available?
And finally, is there a list of sites using Coppermine? A showcase so to speak that really can show what Coppermine can do? I did see a thread in this forum about showing galleries, but again the last post was 7 years ago.

So if someone could help me here I would really appreciate it.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: New User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 04:36:27 am »

Only you can decide what platform best suits your needs. CPG has been around quite a long time and shows its age a little here and there ... but the fact that it has been around a long time maybe says something.

Kick the tires on several different platforms. Choose what you think seems easiest to get to where you want it to be and will be easiest to maintain.

Make sure that you start with the very latest version of CPG (https://github.com/coppermine-gallery/cpg1.6.x).
Use a decent theme with it (example: http://monicandesign.com .. #12 is free).

For starters, Is it possible to embed images uploaded to a Coppermine Gallery to another website or forum?
Yes

Philbeaux

• Coppermine newbie
Re: New User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »

Those themes look really nice.

I have looked around at a few different apps. So far the closest that comes to our needs is Chevereto. But I find it lacks in a few areas.
From what I've seen of Coppermine, those areas just might be addressed.
I'm setting up an image hosting site for a forum. The ability to embed images into the forum is first and foremost what we need. I would like to take a few steps further and create something the users can display their images, comment on them and share as well.
The files appear to easy to edit ... am I correct? That would be a big plus as well.

So 1.6 is the latest and greatest? I'm using 1.5 at the moment. I'll go ahead and change it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.