Support > cpg1.6 bridging

Bridging CPG 1.6.03 with SMF - not working

(1/5) > >>

PZsHosting:
Has anyone been able to get Coppermine Gallery 1.6.03 to bridge with SMF 2.0.14?

If so, any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated ;)

lurkalot:
Just tested it on a local install, fresh copy of SMF 2.0.14 and Coppermine 1.6.03 Bridge seems to be working ok on there. 

In SMF you need to go Admin > Configuration > Server Settings > Cookies and Sessions.

Untick the  "Enable local storage of cookies", and "Use subdomain independent cookies" (turn off local cookies first!)

Click save, and then test to if it works.

PZsHosting:
Nope :(

Maybe I should mention that the server was recently upgraded to use PHP 7. It's smokin' fast! But I haven't upgraded the old Gallery, I tried it first with a fresh install of a new Gallery and every time I try the bridge, I get this error:

--- Code: ---Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function query() on null in /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/udb_base.inc.php:60 Stack trace: #0 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/udb_base.inc.php(33): core_udb->query('SELECT NULL FRO...') #1 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/smf20.inc.php(112): core_udb->connect() #2 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/smf20.inc.php(287): cpg_udb->__construct() #3 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridgemgr.php(592): include('/home/removed/pu...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/udb_base.inc.php on line 60
--- End code ---

Which really doesn't say anything that I would understand, other than it doesn't work :-\

ron4mac:
Did you resolve this?

It's generally best if the server and database name are the same between CPG and SMF. If that is not practical, try making this change:

Add one line after line 30 in bridge/udb_base.inc.php

--- Code: ---    global $CONFIG, $CPGDB;
    $this->dbObj = $CPGDB;   // <- add this line

--- End code ---

Please let us know if (and how) it gets resolved.

PZsHosting:
Wow ron4mac,

That did work! That one little line. I'm surprised no one else has come across this problem.

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version