Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images not being updated  (Read 4015 times)

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice
Images not being updated
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:48:12 pm »

I cannot get Coppermine to update images. I have some images I keep adding a "sold out" stamp once an item is out of stock. I upload that new file, I go to Update Thumbs select Everything and select the album I want to update and submit.

It used to work. Heck it was working fine a few days ago when I last did it. Today it does not work. I have tried multiple times.. upload file, update images, I have even tried deleting the whole album and re-creating it.. deleting all the files via FTP and then reuploading them.. still shows the previous image!! I have done this more than once.

I have also tried clearing my cache and viewing it from a different web browser.

I was running 1.5.44 and today have updated to 1.5.46 and the issue still exists.

Any suggestions on what to do?

For example, I have this file:

http://www.peppermint-bay.com/catalog/albums/less/Page_08_RAYON_KNIT_SPANDEX_DRESSES-2.jpg

However, replacing the _ with %20 it shows a green dress in the bottom right:

http://www.peppermint-bay.com/catalog/albums/less/Page%2008_RAYON%20KNIT%20SPANDEX%20DRESSES-2.jpg

The green dress is the one that it should be showing. If I log into FTP and download the file Page_08_Rayon_Knit_Spandex_Dresses-2.jpg it downloads the correct file which has the green dress. I do not even see the blue dress version on my FTP!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Images not being updated
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:30:57 pm »

Without logging onto your system it will be a little difficult to determine what is going on.

Replacing files via ftp can be problematic however. Sometimes ownership permission cause issues, especially if a host changes policies. It could be worth you given no this plugin a go and seeing if this works - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60499.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:41:26 pm »

Thanks. Turns out I already have that plugin installed. I wasn't using it because let's say I had to update 10 pages it takes awhile.

So I just tried it now. The first one I did replaced all three sizes.. thumb, intermediate, and full size.

The second one will not update thumb or intermediate. Only full size.

I also notice that sort does not work as well. I created an album and say I uploaded 8 pictures.. names 01, 02, .. 08. I then went to batch add files.. and for some reason it puts them in order of 02, 01, 03, 04, 05 .. 08. Sort has never worked for me.. I did try a few weeks and a few months ago.

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »

You know nevermind this.. we're going to switch to a PDF file now and just update one long PDF instead of individual pages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.