Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery Broken after attempting to login. Please help.  (Read 11801 times)

donviper

• Coppermine newbie
Gallery Broken after attempting to login. Please help.
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:37:49 am »

Hello,

I run a small coppermine gallery for an annual child cancer benefit ( Red Corner Benefit in Douglassville, PA ), sadly I only login to the site once a year to upload the previous year's event. I couldn't remember what my login was, but on the third attempt, this happened:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'I BLOCKED THE USERNAME FROM THIS DISPLAY IN THIS POST'@'50.63.196.14' (using password: YES)

After that, the site has remained with this message. Below you will find the URL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.rcbpix.com/gallery/

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Gallery Broken after attempting to login. Please help.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:24:12 am »

You will probably need to speak to your host regarding this. The error is suggesting the connection to your database is blocked. This is separate from your coppermine password.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

donviper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 04:32:46 pm »

Interesting....I am my host. lol. I rent my own server and have multiple domains hosted on it.

I literally tried to login, couldn't remember the password, and third attempt, this happened.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 09:49:41 pm »

In that case you will need to find out why MySQL has blocked your logon. Use phpmyadmin to check that username and also the credentials in include/config.inc.php match

Also, not knowing how you setup your hosting, check any firewalls and rules setup on it. What is happening here is there is a simple script which sets up a connection to your database. This reads the logon details from include/config.inc.php and sets up the connection. For some reason, your server has ba problem authenticating the username in that file, with the password in that file. This is not a coppermine issue, but one that relates to your hosting environment.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

donviper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 03:15:24 pm »

Phil,

Thanks for the replies! I have my server setup through GoDaddy. I haven't ever had an issue with Coppermine on any of the other domains that are using it.

I have placed many hours trying to get this gallery to work, to no avail. Instead I have decided to move on and generate simple HTML galleries from Photoshop so the organization can have easy access to the photos from each year's event. This will eliminate any future database, login issues, as it will be just a simple HTML gallery. Since commenting isn't really necessary, it will serve the purpose.

Thanks again and have a great day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.