Support > cpg1.5 miscellaneous

CPG 1.6 (PHP7) Upgrade/Install Aid

(1/13) > >>

ron4mac:
For currently running CPG 1.5.20+ installations, an assistive script to use for upgrading to a release version of CPG 1.6 was made available here.

Attached to this post is a script that can be used to upgrade a CPG 1.5.20+ installation that has suddenly stopped working because of PHP changes (for example) at your site. Place the script file (as cpg_installer_stub.php) in the root of your CPG installation. Access the script as <your_coppermine_url>/cpg_installer_stub.php. Choose to upgrade your current installation.
Be very aware: you could be using a plugin or theme that is not compatible with CPG 1.6

This same script can also be used to create a new installation of CPG 1.6 (or update an existing one with the latest changes).   Make sure you have a database user and password already configured on your server.  Load the script to an appropriate place on your server (where you want the installation to be).  Access the script from a web browser and perform the installation.

Update: v3.3 better notification of file placement errors
Update: v3.4 added robustness for more restricted systems
Update: v3.5 option to show all available CPG 1.6.x versions

netb:
Hello,

I kind of missed that post and did a normal upgrade by downloading the 1.6.03 github source, then overwriting the 1.5 cpg and starting the update.php. Should I be concerned or look for something not quite right? At first glance the script seems to download the latest github files as well.

ron4mac:
You're good either way. The script was just to make it easier for some people.

Dale M.:
Tried to do "fix" by using "cpg_installer_stub.php" and all i got was a error:

Releases of CPG not found at Github

What do I do now?

Dale

ron4mac:
It would seem that your server is not configured in a way that will allow the method to work for you.

Your options are:
Get your hosting provider to backoff PHP7 long enough for you use the "upgrader.php" method. (other thread)

Get your hosting provider to turn on "allow_url_fopen" for your currently running PHP7. Then use the "cpg_installer_stub.php" method.

Use "manual" method to perform the upgrade. http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version