Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files vanishing, thumbnails missing... i don't know what to do!  (Read 3826 times)

tatobodeman

• Coppermine newbie
Files vanishing, thumbnails missing... i don't know what to do!
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:03:35 pm »

Okay guys, let me start off by saying that i have basically no programming skills... just enough to have my gallery up and running..

I was just browsing my gallery today and I noticed that a lot of the images and thumbnails are gone, only showing the default "trash can", even though the files are all in the folder, when I check the FTP server, and I have no idea of how to fix it. Three months ago I transfered my whole website to a new server (GoDaddy), but I didn't have any issues with it until now...

I tried to regenerate the thumbnails and images in the admin, but I get this Critical error message:

While executing query 'UPDATE cpg1411_pictures SET pwidth = '', pheight = '' WHERE pid = 157' in util.php on line 535

mySQL error: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'pwidth' at row 1

Foto: /home/tatobodeman/public_html/galeria/include/functions.inc.php - Linha: 272

Here is the link of an album with the weird images (for example, the thumbnails don't work, but the main images open): http://www.maroon5br.com/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=1167
I have no idea of what could have happened and how to fix it...

Thanks!!!

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Files vanishing, thumbnails missing... i don't know what to do!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:44:41 am »

Looks like there are missing large images... and when the rebuild hits one - it can't determine the height/width to update the database with... Probably should fail more gracefully, but its still going to fail...

You are missing a large number of files... Be sure you haven't exceeded a space or number of files limit for your host... (some are know for their 'unlimited webspace' offer - but limit the number of 'inodes'... Each folder, file, email message is an inode...)

At 23,000+ pics... you have between 46,000 and 69,000 files (depending on whether you have intermediate images) just for the gallery photos... Coppermine adds about 2200 files/folders as distributed... plus whatever else is on your site...

Not looking like a Coppermine issue - but more an issue for your webhost.
Hopefully you have a good backup from your move??
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

tatobodeman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:07:35 am »

Hi! I do have an old backup that i'm trying to use to fix this... but is there anyway I can batch remove the missing files, so my gallery has only the good working ones?

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:49:30 am »

There is a 'Check Files' plugin...
Has the ability to identify database entries with missing full size photos - will list them by path... and option to delete them from database.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77347.0.html

But from the looks of it - you might lose a lot of photos...
Restoring the files from backup might be a better choice.
The 'Check Files' plugin can let you know exactly what is missing so you see what you need to restore.

Once all the fullsize pictures are there - admin tools can rebuild the thumbnails.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.