Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Coding Help for a Fan Gallery!  (Read 14426 times)

Stella

• Coppermine newbie
Need Coding Help for a Fan Gallery!
« on: October 08, 2016, 07:14:20 pm »

This is the Gallery for the Byrneholics website, a fan site devoted to actor Gabriel Byrne. I need your help to make the Gallery easier to use and more fun for Gabriel's fans!

GALLERY ADDRESS : http://www.byrneholics.com/gallery2

BUDGET: I am willing to spend whatever it takes to get this work done. I expect the work will probably take 1-2 hours, although I will pay for however long it takes.

DETAILS:

Several issues need to be addressed.

1. In the Main Navigation, there are 2 links back to the home website. Please remove Byrneholics Main Site Home on the second line.

2. These sections should be displayed on main page:

Last Updated Albums

Category/Albums/Files

Last Additions

Last Viewed

Random Files

3. Remove Stella as Author. I am the only one adding files now, so there is no need for attribution.

4. This is a BIG problem: I implemented the fit_screen plug-in myself and deleted the intermediate images. But I don't like the way the original images are being displayed. They are too small. Is there a way to fix this so that the only image being displayed, once the user has chosen to view it, is the original image, no matter the size (most are no larger than 1024)?

5. Add a DOWNLOAD button for the individual images.

6. In the Category/Albums/Files section on the main page, can Albums/Files not be displayed at all? The way this Gallery was implemented, these numbers do not show up accurately. So I would prefer not to display them, if possible.

7. Remove COMMENTS completely.

8. Thumbnails should be larger than they currently are. I don't know what the parameters are, but anything larger would be an improvement!

9. DESIGN ISSUE: the main background is black. A blue gradient based on the accent blue already in use for some fonts and boxes would be GREAT.

I have enabled notifications for this thread.

I hope there is someone out there interested in helping me make this Gallery more user friendly and fun for the fans!

Thanks.

Stella

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Need Coding Help for a Fan Gallery!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 09:32:46 pm »

Well, I fixed #1 myself.  8)

And I might be able to figure out #2 as well.

But some of the other issues are really beyond me. So HELP, PLEASE!

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:50:12 pm »

Well.. let's see if we can help you help yourself first - then see what is left that you need help with...

First - and not in your list - is your gallery should be upgraded. 1.5.44 is the latest - including several security related fixes since 1.5.16 that it appears you are running.
Upgrades are not difficult unless you have modified CPG code. Staying within the 1.5.x family should mean your plugins are fine.
Upgrade info: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78867.0.html

Your items:
1: you said you fixed

2: look at the CPG config page under 'Album List View'. You will see 'The content of main page' specified as something like 'breadcrumb/catlist/alblist/random,6/lastup,3'... You should be able to adjust this for most of what you asked for at least... See the help associated with that selection.

3. I don't see 'Stella' listed in the gallery itself - but do see it other places on the site...
Would need to know who to change it to in some cases (name/email used to report any copyright issues as example...) - other places can just be deleted...  I'd expect these should be simple changes, but mostly outside of CPG.

4. Not familiar with the plugin specifically (know of it) - but without the plugin - the config option (under 'Thumbnail view') of 'Go directly from thumbnail to full-sized image' would bypass any intermediate images. 
If intermediate images don't exist - the original would also be displayed (unless it has been replaced by intermediate via admin tools).

5.I believe there is a plugin to do this - try searching the forum.

6. This would likely be a change in your theme - shouldn't be a difficult change.

7. Looks like you already have turned off the ability to leave comments - which removes most of the visible support.
Only references I saw with a quick look are 'Last Comments' in menu, and '10,074 files in 422 albums and 68 categories with 0 comments viewed 647,852 times' on home gallery page... Are there other items you need to remove too?

8. In config under 'Thumbnail Settings' you can adjust the size of thumbnails (and what aspect to base it on...)
Admin tools allow for rebuilding thumbnails...
The size of album thumbnails is set under 'Album List View' settings.

9. A theme change here - don't expect that would be too difficult.

See what the above can get you through... If you are still interested in help - I will send you a PM with my contact info... I will have limited availability this coming week- more time next week.

Thanks!
Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Stella

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 06:08:07 pm »

Greg,

Thanks so much for responding to my plea for help!

I will talk to you offline.

As soon as this project is complete, I will close it here.

Yay!  ;D

Stella

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Need Coding Help for a Fan Gallery! -- CLOSED!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 04:23:45 am »

This project is now closed!

Greg did a fantastic job. In addition to meeting all of the specs I outlined, he upgraded CPG and did other behind-the-scenes stuff as well.

If you want to see, check out:

http://www.byrneholics.com/gallery2/

Thanks, Greg, for being so thorough and creating a better and more stable Gallery for me!

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 04:32:36 am »

Thanks for the kind words...
Payment was promptly made at completion.
It was a pleasure to work with you!

Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.