Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iOS10 prevents from saving photos  (Read 5026 times)

angey

• Coppermine newbie
iOS10 prevents from saving photos
« on: September 18, 2016, 08:38:19 pm »

Hey! Didn't find any thread on this issue so I'm making a new one. People who have upgraded their iPhones to iOS10 cannot save photos in the Coppermine galleries, because there is no "save photo" button anymore. Do you have any idea on why that happens? Noticed many people have mentioned this about their galleries, and fans keep asking why they can't save anything from my gallery. Hope this will be fixed!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: iOS10 prevents from saving photos
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 11:04:49 am »

IMHO there's nothing to "fix". If Apple decides to remove the "Save image as..." feature from the iOS browser you should blame them for such an odd decision. At least that's what I think happened from your description. As I have no iPhone, I cannot test this.

However, you could of course add a separate download button to your gallery. Maybe this plugin is what you're looking for: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65849.0.html

If the plugin doesn't fit your needs, let me know and describe what exactly you need.

angey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:16:15 pm »

Hey! Never been a fan of iPhones and their strange updates/decisions, you're right about not having anything to "fix". The plugin you linked seems to be a very appropriate solution, will try it out right away and hopefully it'll do the trick. Thank you!

biellebrunner

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 04:16:16 am »

To be fair, they didn't "remove" the save feature from their browser. You can easily save photos from other sites. The problem seems to be that it sees only the javascript of the page, and not the image. It asks if you want to open the script, and ignores that there's an image there.
I'm sure it's something stupid on their end, but given how many people use iPhones to access our galleries, maybe CPG could try and work something out to circumvent that issue?

biellebrunner

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: iOS10 prevents from saving photos
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 04:17:25 am »

IMHO there's nothing to "fix". If Apple decides to remove the "Save image as..." feature from the iOS browser you should blame them for such an odd decision. At least that's what I think happened from your description. As I have no iPhone, I cannot test this.

However, you could of course add a separate download button to your gallery. Maybe this plugin is what you're looking for: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65849.0.html

If the plugin doesn't fit your needs, let me know and describe what exactly you need.
Is there a way so this plugin will only show if the person is using an iPhone (or at least mobiles in general)?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:04:00 pm »

Is there a way so this plugin will only show if the person is using an iPhone (or at least mobiles in general)?

That should be quite easy. My Theme switch plugin sets a constant "MOBILE_BROWSER" which could be checked in the other plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.