Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running update.php  (Read 18326 times)

martheijnens

• Coppermine newbie
Running update.php
« on: September 15, 2016, 12:07:58 am »

Hello! I am new to this forum, so maybe i make some mistakes because i am in a hurry to run my gallery again. My problem is this. I upgraded to the newest version. I followed the instructions and everything went fine ... untill I wanted to run the update.php. I got the following message:

Invalid path: /domains/wonderfultravels.nl/public_html/themas/update.php{$debug_mode}, Paths must also begin with a forward slash (/)

As far as I can see it starts with a slash, so what on earth have I done wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Mathew

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Running update.php
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »

When I try to run it, all looks good... please try again and report back here.

http://wonderfultravels.nl/themas/update.php

martheijnens

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:46:19 pm »

Thank for your response. I am happy that somebody responded anyway!

I tried that but in that case the file cannot be found on the server of my provider. What I tried is this: I found the update file in de main directory (in my case: themas), I clicked on the file, the script started to run and blocked resulting in the message as mentioned before. After that I could not access the photogallery anymore, mentioning "critical error".

What i have done now is this. I uploaded the old version of Coppermine (1.5.20), placed the old config.inc.php in the include-directory and the old anycontent.php in the main directory (themas) and the gallery worked fine again. Should I better stay with this version?

martheijnens

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 10:02:20 pm »

Some additional information:
- I have an account on the server of my provider.
- That account has two domains because I have two websites. One of those is wonderfultravels.
- In the domain of wonderfultravels are several folders. One of them is public_html which contains the website.
- Public_html contains several folders which contain different parts of my website.
- One of those folders is 'themas' which contains my coppermine folders and a number of php-files, including the update.php.

Can it be that the problem is caused by the name of the folder 'themas' in stead of 'coppermine'?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 03:14:02 pm »

Can it be that the problem is caused by the name of the folder 'themas' in stead of 'coppermine'?
No.

Please perform the upgrade as described in the docs. But this time, login as admin before running update.php. If it still doesn't work, open update.php with a text editor, find
Code: [Select]
<form name="cpgform" id="cpgform" method="post" action="update.php{$debug_mode}">replace with
Code: [Select]
<form name="cpgform" id="cpgform" method="post" action="update.php">and visit update.php with your browser again.

martheijnens

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 10:53:55 am »

Thank you for your response. I followed your instructions. I was always signed in as admin otherwise I can't access my domain on the server. I made the change in the update file as you suggested. However, I still get the same error message. In the file itself I found the following error message:

• • • ERROR • • •
{$lang_update_php['errors_encountered']}:
{$error_msg}

I don't know what to do except for sticking to the old version 1.5.20

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 03:20:14 am »

If you removed the reference to {$debug_mode} as André suggested - I would expect your error message has changed...

What you found in the file is just how an error message (if received) is output to the page.

You do want to complete the upgrade. 1.5.20 has several security exposures that have been fixed since.

Perhaps attaching screen print(s) of what you are doing would help...
Otherwise one of us would need admin access to the site to look further.  (do NOT post any credentials here... )
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

martheijnens

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »

Hello Coppermine experts!

I had no guts for a month to try to update but today I had enough courage to try again.

Previously I copied the anycontent and config files to the albums folder and renamed that folder to 'albumsorg', as a precaution. This time I made a copy of the whole coppermine folder (which is called by me as 'themas') and called that copy 'themascopy'. After that I uploaded ALL of Coppermine 1.5.42 to the folder 'themas'. Next I runned the update.php (which I had changed as was suggested) by just clicking on it ... with the same result as before: a critical error. So, I thought to update in the polite way, the way it is prescribed in the upgrade manual by entering in the adress bar http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/update.php (ofcourse I changed that to adress of my photogallery). That brought a new obstacle: a page called 'Welcome to Coppermine Update' where I had to fill in my autorisation data. First I used my administrator autorisation data but those were not recognised. So I used my coppermine autorisation data, with the same result.

That whole update thing is a nightmare! What to do to upgrade to 1.5.42??

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 12:23:23 am »

The two credentials that should work are your CPG admin id/password - or the database userid/password specified in include/config.inc.php
Sounds like you tried the CPG admin - no idea why that wouldn't work - but try the database credentials instead.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Send me money

martheijnens

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 02:23:05 pm »

Okay! At last I was succesful in updating. It worked! I have updated to 1.5.42. Now I notice there is a new update ... pfff...

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 01:13:09 am »

Now that you've done the upgrade - they really go easy from there.
Glad to hear you got it done.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Send me money

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 01:44:24 pm »

Okay! At last I was succesful in updating. It worked! I have updated to 1.5.42. Now I notice there is a new update ... pfff...

It appears that your site is a stock CPG site not running a bunch of plugins. If you are interested in upgrading to the quite stable beta of of CPG 1.6, you can do so by installing one file and clicking your mouse a few times. Future versions of CPG 1.6 will be designed to update with a couple of clicks.  See the instructions here:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78505.msg381584.html#msg381584

Also [off topic], the beautiful pictures that make up the content of your site would look lovely presented using my slideshow plugin:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,75994.0.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 02:26:04 pm by ron4mac »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: Running update.php
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 10:41:17 pm »

The two credentials that should work are your CPG admin id/password - or the database userid/password specified in include/config.inc.php
Sounds like you tried the CPG admin - no idea why that wouldn't work - but try the database credentials instead.

Unfortunately cpg1.5.x doesn't tell you which data you need to enter. If I remember correctly you need to enter the the admin login data at first try and MySQL login data at second try. However, this has already been fixed in cpg1.6.x: https://github.com/coppermine-gallery/cpg1.6.x/commit/9bf55d8801186142495a4f8f29498409485025d5

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 05:15:14 pm »

First I used my administrator autorisation data but those were not recognised. So I used my coppermine autorisation data, with the same result.

Unfortunately cpg1.5.x lacks of appropriate language strings (this has been fixed in cpg1.6.x long time ago). In the first try you need to enter your Coppermine admin data, in the second step the MySQL user data.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.