Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! MySQL won't let me log in  (Read 6999 times)

royalparkbom

• Coppermine newbie
Help! MySQL won't let me log in
« on: September 02, 2016, 03:15:43 am »

I followed step by step to create a MySQL, I have checked and log in onto phpmyadmin and i got in using the same username and password. Am i using the right host? is there a way to double check if my host is localhost? Mind you i'm new to this kinds of stuff and i don't know what anything is, I just simply followed the steps to install coppermine and zpanel and now i'm having problems trying to log in to create a gallery. I'm only 3 steps away.. please someone help.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Help! MySQL won't let me log in
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 02:34:53 pm »

Your webhost's control panel should give you the details you need...
Attached is a screenshot from mine - when I select MySQL Databases from the menu - providing connection issue for both local web applications (localhost in my case) - and for remote database connections.

You likely have to create the database yourself - unless your webhost did that for you... Shared hosting environments typically require use of cPanel to create new databases rather than a CREATE DB SQL statement - for security reasons.

The id/password used for phpMyAdmin will work, but I don't recommend it - as that is often your account 'master' id - with full access to all databases, cpanel, etc...
The same section of control panel should allow you to create databases and define users. I define a specific user for CPG - with full access to the database I use for the gallery (but doesn't have access to other databases - nor can the id/password be used to hack my filesystem if it somehow was compromised...

My hosts 'help' page gives detailed instructions for creating databases and users using their version of cPanel.

There are definitely differences between hosts - some much more difficult to work with that others in my experience...
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

royalparkbom

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Help! MySQL won't let me log in
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 08:44:29 am »

Your webhost's control panel should give you the details you need...
Attached is a screenshot from mine - when I select MySQL Databases from the menu - providing connection issue for both local web applications (localhost in my case) - and for remote database connections.

You likely have to create the database yourself - unless your webhost did that for you... Shared hosting environments typically require use of cPanel to create new databases rather than a CREATE DB SQL statement - for security reasons.

The id/password used for phpMyAdmin will work, but I don't recommend it - as that is often your account 'master' id - with full access to all databases, cpanel, etc...
The same section of control panel should allow you to create databases and define users. I define a specific user for CPG - with full access to the database I use for the gallery (but doesn't have access to other databases - nor can the id/password be used to hack my filesystem if it somehow was compromised...

My hosts 'help' page gives detailed instructions for creating databases and users using their version of cPanel.

There are definitely differences between hosts - some much more difficult to work with that others in my experience...

Hello, can we talk through Twitter or Instagram.. I've send you a message but i'm not sure if you received it. I figure we can communicate much faster, i'm still having problems trying to fix my sql. My twitter is @royalparkbom ; IG would be @blurryxfacee all of my dms are open. please if it's not much of a bother, i could really need some help..

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 05:42:42 pm »

Hello, can we talk through Twitter or Instagram.. I've send you a message but i'm not sure if you received it. I figure we can communicate much faster, i'm still having problems trying to fix my sql. My twitter is @royalparkbom ; IG would be @blurryxfacee all of my dms are open. please if it's not much of a bother, i could really need some help..
I'm sorry... I don't use either of those...
The intent of using the forum is also to leave a record for others that might have the same issue(s) later - to find their own solutions.
It also allows other supporters to help out along the way.

Knowing what host you are using might help (if one of us is familiar with it..)
Do you have a database created?
Are you able to create an id to access it?

Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Send me money

royalparkbom

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Re: Help! MySQL won't let me log in
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 01:38:02 am »

The intent of using the forum is also to leave a record for others that might have the same issue(s) later - to find their own solutions.

Greg

Oh okay, i understand. I'm using Zpanel and a database for mysql? then yes i do.. and how or where do i check if i can create an id?

royalparkbom

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Re: Help! MySQL won't let me log in
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 01:49:35 am »

Greg

Here I'll give you some info if anything helps.. I have a Dell (Windows 10)
I've used Zpanel to create a MySQL and there wasn't any issues, I've linked with MySQL user that i created in the site.
Later on I messaged someone if they can help and they told if it's my personal computer, I said it isn't my personal computer. It's my mothers computer from work, but she hasn't used it for work since over a year now and it's been with me since the day she brought it home.. He told me that could be a reason why it won't let me in.. I really don't know. Like i said before, this is the first time I've install something like this. Don't know nothing about a MySQL or how to check my Webhost or anything like that. You said to check on my control panel but I can't find anything.. Sorry if I'm being really complicated and confusing..

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 02:09:18 am »

OK... I assumed (incorrectly) you were using a shared hosting service - I meant the hosts control panel - not your PC...

I use WAMP for my local computer - but downloading zPanel application stack and installer on another PC now to try installing.
The zPanel doc says it has a database management module that includes the ability to create databases and users...
http://www.zpanelcp.com/about/features/ and selecting the 'modules' tab:
Database management
  • MySQL Users
  • MySQL Databases
  • phpMyAdmin
So I'd expect the user admin to be in the same area as creating a database or accessing phpMyAdmin...

Really outside of the support of CPG - but let me see if I can get it installed.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Send me money

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 02:46:35 pm »

I wasn't able to get zPanel installed properly... And find their documentation lacking (says they are converting to new site/format - but old still available - but it isn't...) - and it wouldn't uninstall properly either... sigh

It will be at least a couple of days before I can spend time on this.  Perhaps others here are using zPanel and can assist?
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Send me money

royalparkbom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 01:16:37 am »

I wasn't able to get zPanel installed properly... And find their documentation lacking (says they are converting to new site/format - but old still available - but it isn't...) - and it wouldn't uninstall properly either... sigh

It will be at least a couple of days before I can spend time on this.  Perhaps others here are using zPanel and can assist?

I've check Wamp and I'm considering in installing it, and uninstalling Zpanel but it would't make a difference right? It's my computer that's having the issue right..?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.