Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emails being sent to old admin  (Read 27724 times)

maddogprod

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Emails being sent to old admin
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 07:26:25 pm »

I think it was successful!

Upgraded with no problem. I didn't realize they were maintenance releases which of course are usually simple.

When I add the code to register.php I get:

Code: [Select]
Array ( [1] => Array ( [email] => md@maddogproductions.com [lang] => english ) [8] => Array ( [email] => jamesgcampbellsf@gmail.com [lang] => english ) [305] => Array ( [email] => SWrightRyan@gmail.com [lang] => english ) )
When I do the MySQL query it's the same (see attachment).

No sign of the old Admin's "maildrop99@" email address!

GOOD WORK!

Any clue what was overwritten that cleaned it up? Just curious.

And THANKS A MILLION for working through this with me. The old Admin will be very happy....

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 08:51:55 pm »

There are no changes from cpg1.5.20 to cpg1.5.42 regarding the admin detection in register.php, it's exactly the same code. Glad that it works now.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2016, 10:58:00 pm »

Only thing I can think of was a modification to the old source... If you still have it - compare old/new register.php as André said there were no changes in that area at least...

When I do an upgrade of an unknown gallery - I download a clean copy of the version in use - and compare to what is running to see if there are any changes.  Most of the time works well... sometimes something changed carriage returns and makes it ugly... but helps me determine if there were any customizations.  WinMerge is an example of a tool to do that with.

Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.