Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please! config.inc.php parse error during upgrade 1.4.10 to 1.5.42  (Read 10807 times)

pict

• Coppermine newbie

Trying to upgrade a 1.4.10 installation that doesn't run under PHP 5.6. I am moving hosts - the old one ran PHP 5.2 and I had no issues. The new host uses PHP 5.6 and the script fails with multiple errors. I recreated the database at the new host but wasn't allowed the same database name and database username as the old host, so I edited config.inc.php with the new names (I'd FTP'd the CPG folder with the 1.4.10 install over to the new host as well obviously). I then FTP'd over all the CPG 1.5.42 files, overwriting everything in the old install files with the exception of the albums folder and anycontent.php and tried running the update.php script. I got this error message...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''; // Your mysql userna' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in /home1/pictdesi/public_html/adrianlaycock/pictures/include/config.inc.php on line 7

My config.inc.php file contents are this:

<?php
// Coppermine configuration file

// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'localhost';        // Your database server
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         ‘xxxxx';        // Your mysql username
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'yyyyy';                // Your mysql password
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         ‘zzzzz';        // Your mysql database name

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'cpg1410_';
?>

Any ideas what's up? Thanks in advance for any pointers. Cheers, John

EDITED TO REMOVE DB USERNAME AND PASSWORD
NEVER POST THOSE DETAILS IN PUBLIC

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:35:57 pm by Joe Carver »

pict

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help please! config.inc.php parse error during upgrade 1.4.10 to 1.5.42
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:07 pm »

I was editing the config.inc.php file (on a Mac) using TextEdit.app in plain text mode. Also was trying using Dreamweaver. Both seem to be corrupting the file. Solution for me was to download and install TextWrangler.app. I edited a known uncorrupted config.inc.php with this editor and ran update.php again. Script ran without issue.

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 03:03:45 pm »

I second your recommendation heartily. Text Wrangler is great on Macs. It has awesome features and is really fast to upload and download.

8)

pict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 08:50:29 pm »

Good to know it was a reasonable choice. Is BBEdit worth taking a look at for a mac do you know?

pict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »

Just noticed the details edited on the OP. Just to let you know they were already faked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.