Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving albums for a user who left the forum but haw re-joined  (Read 2559 times)

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster

Hi everyone,

I'm full of questions today  :-\ as I am trying to take care of a few small problems remaining with our gallery.

I have a member who left the group and then rejoined (actually, a couple of them). Their pictures are still in albums, in albums/userpics as well as on the database, both utilizing the members older userID number.

I can, of course just reassign the album to the new account, but the pictures would still be on file under her old userID. I could reassign ownership of  the pictures. but, in order for her to retain control over her pictures, do I also need to re-upload the old pictures, from the backup, to her new userid folder as well?

Thanks in advance!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Moving albums for a user who left the forum but haw re-joined
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:17:01 pm »

The value stored in the "category" row in the "albums" table assigns each user album to the user name in the user galleries category. So that's the first value you need update (match the new user's ID + 10000). To update the owner of the album(s) and picture(s), you also need to update the "owner" row in the "albums" table and the "owner_id" row in the "pictures" table.

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 01:46:40 pm »

Hi again, Andre:

Let me try again.... 

I've figured out that much,  :-[  but will use an illustration to ask my question:

Lets say the photos are in a folder marked 10025. User 10025 quit a year ago but changed her mind and has reregistered as user 10895.

So we go into the db for albums and reassign the album to a new owner and it appears there. The photos inside, the actual .jpg 's, are still located in the folder marked 10025. Do I need to move them to the folder for user 10895? If I don't move them, wouldn't  user 10895 be denied permission to edit or remove them if she wishes?

:-\

Thanks  again  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 02:18:52 pm »

I think you don't need to move the files, but of course you can, if you want. In this case don't forget to also update the filepath in the pictures table.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.