Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting ready to upgrade from 14.10  (Read 11233 times)

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
Getting ready to upgrade from 14.10
« on: June 18, 2016, 08:15:06 pm »

Hi everyone,

Its time to upgrade from my ancient (10 year old) copy of CPG 14.10. My questions have to do with plugins.

1) My gallery is used in a forum and allows members to have their own albums. Some were apparently emptying their camera contents into their galleries indiscriminately (it is supposed to be a gallery not a free place to park images for various other purposes than what our site is for). Someone modified the upload process for me to allow only 3 uploads per user in the gallery. I would like to keep this feature, but not sure what they did. Is there a new-ish plug in that will serve this purpose?

2) I had been using CPM Fetch version 1.9-something, I see some people re still using CPM Fetch but have problems on Word Press. I am using CPG on my own web site.  What is the latest version? where can I find it?

Is CPM Fetch a plugin? I don't think so, it seems to be in a separate folder in the cog directory and it is not to be found in the plugins manager in the CPG Admin control panel. So I don't worry about it, right? Or should I delete the file in my directory before uploading?

3) I un-bridged my gallery. Iso now I see almost all the galleries are owned by a Mr. X. When i restore the bridge to the fresh copy of CPG will the users names reappear, assuming that there is no problem with the database?

I know some of these questions might sound silly but I don't want to mess this up.
Thanks much.

klewless

Re: Getting ready to upgrade from 14.10
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 11:13:24 pm »

I upgraded, quite successfully but for an error message with CPM Fetch, Found what I need for CPM Fetch , I think.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65412.0.html

Thanks for your interest, 8)

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 11:55:05 pm »

Sounds like you found what you needed..  :)

For your questions:
Someone modified the upload process for me to allow only 3 uploads per user in the gallery. I would like to keep this feature, but not sure what they did. Is there a new-ish plug in that will serve this purpose?
I would have to see what they did. Not aware of a plugin that does this - maybe others will.

...using CPM Fetch version 1.9-something, I see some people re still using CPM Fetch but have problems on Word Press. I am using CPG on my own web site.  What is the latest version? where can I find it?
Is CPM Fetch a plugin? I don't think so, it seems to be in a separate folder in the cog directory and it is not to be found in the plugins manager in the CPG Admin control panel. So I don't worry about it, right? Or should I delete the file in my directory before uploading?
The thread you listed contains the updates needed.
No - it is not a plugin managed by CPG.
No need to delete its files before upgrading, but it does need updates too.

I un-bridged my gallery. Iso now I see almost all the galleries are owned by a Mr. X. When i restore the bridge to the fresh copy of CPG will the users names reappear, assuming that there is no problem with the database?
yes.  CPG has references to users that it can't resolve without the bridge. Should all appear fine when CPG can get to the forum user database again (when you reestablish the bridge.)

Glad the upgrade went well.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

klewless

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 04:28:53 am »

Everything worked brilliantly. I feel brilliant too,  :) though of course it is all the hard work of the developers that is responsible for any success we mere mortals have with CPG  ; - )

I am especially grateful, because so many people tell me "why bother doing all that work when you can start a group on FB" The very thought. If ordinary people do not learn to run their own web sites the Internet will be almost worthless as network television.

Now off to try some new skins.

IF I am able to discover what modification was made to my site, would you like to hear more about it? (I will try comparing old/new files but tonight I have some other stuff planned).

Thanx again!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:14:32 am »

Someone modified the upload process for me to allow only 3 uploads per user in the gallery. I would like to keep this feature, but not sure what they did. Is there a new-ish plug in that will serve this purpose?

I'd just limit the space they are allowed to use in your gallery (have a look at the groups manager), if you don't need to have a "3 files only" limit, but just want to limit upload abuse. If you want to stick with your file limit, have a look at this plugin: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65868.0.html

klewless

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 01:58:03 pm »

Thank you, I will try the plugin, and post the result.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.