Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme/plugin problems  (Read 4726 times)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Theme/plugin problems
« on: April 19, 2016, 06:47:51 pm »

I didn´t know it... it's installed now.. thanks!

FYI ... there is something on your site that is causing some text to be displayed outside the context of the document (see white bar at the top of the homepage and 'Op' at top of an image's 'info' page). This is likely caused by something in your theme or one of your plugins. To see if it is one of the plugins, disable them one-by-one to see if it disappears.

Also ... I hope you'll provide the Spanish translations for the slideshow plugin.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:44:45 pm by ron4mac »

nambroque

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Galería Fotometeo
Re: Theme/plugin problems
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:20:57 pm »

FYI ... there is something on your site that is causing some text to be displayed outside the context of the document (see white bar at the top of the homepage and 'Op' at top of an image's 'info' page). This is likely caused by something in your theme or one of your plugins. To see if it is one of the plugins, disable them one-by-one to see if it disappears.

Also ... I hope you'll provide the Spanish translations for the slideshow plugin.

Thanks
Yes, there are some problems in the gallery since I changed to curvinosa theme. I also tried with some similar ones (i.g. abbertora) but it was the same
I'm sorry I don´t know how to solve them, but I'm keeping that theme anyway because I love it.
I will create the spanish.php for your theme and attach it in its thread. I like it very much 

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 12:35:01 pm »

Yes, there are some problems in the gallery since I changed to curvinosa theme.
The issue that I am noticing is not coming from the curvinosa theme. I still see it when I invoke your site with another theme ( http://fotometeo.ame-web.org/index.php?theme=rainy_day ). So it is coming from a plugin or modification made to a core file. If you care about search engine rankings of your site, I believe they will discount the site because of the improper html ... otherwise, it's no big deal, I guess.

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:47:26 pm »

Quote from: ron4mac
The issue that I am noticing is not coming from the curvinosa theme. I still see it when I invoke your site with another theme ( http://fotometeo.ame-web.org/index.php?theme=rainy_day ). So it is coming from a plugin or modification made to a core file. If you care about search engine rankings of your site, I believe they will discount the site because of the improper html ... otherwise, it's no big deal, I guess.

Thank very much Ron
I appreciate very much your interest and your help.
In fact I think I really need it, because I know very few about php, and I don’t have anyone to help me. I would like to solve the problem you mention, but now I’m more worried than before, because I think the problem you are talking about is not the same the one I was aware of.
In fact, I don’t know which problem you exactly are detecting in my gallery
I’m also worried about breaking any rule of the forum, as this thread is about 'Enlarge it', so, in case you want to help me, I don’t know where it would be possible to continue talking about my gallery’s problem.
By the moment, I have uninstalled one plugin: LightBox NotesFor.net, because it was not much useful with 'Enlarge it', and also because now I have your slideshow plugin. I hope that the problem you say was caused by this plugin and so now it may has disappeared...

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 12:34:39 am »

Thanks for splitting the thread, Ron
Please see the png files attach, so you can see which are the problems I had detected in the gallery since I installed curvinosa...

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 02:03:21 pm »

It would seem that your problems are being caused by plugins that you have installed. Some may not be working correctly (at least with curvinosa). In addition to recommending that you upgrade CPG to the latest version (1.5.40), I recommend that you uninstall your plugins then install only one at a time, observing that it works as expected and has no incompatibilities with your theme (or previously installed plugin). Solving one issue at a time will be an easier task than having so many things in combination that could be interacting.

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
Re: Re: Theme/plugin problems
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 08:23:12 pm »

It would seem that your problems are being caused by plugins that you have installed. Some may not be working correctly (at least with curvinosa). In addition to recommending that you upgrade CPG to the latest version (1.5.40), I recommend that you uninstall your plugins then install only one at a time, observing that it works as expected and has no incompatibilities with your theme (or previously installed plugin). Solving one issue at a time will be an easier task than having so many things in combination that could be interacting.

Ok, I'll do that as soon as I can.
In order to confirm that everything is Ok when I re-install the plugins one by one, may you please confirm me whether those things that we can see in my attached files are the ony problems you had detected? or can you see anything else wrong in my gallery?
In case you are seeing anything wrong else, may you please explain me what you can see, and maybe attach any file, so that can I know what exactly you mean?
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.