Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up cats/albums  (Read 11160 times)

maritimesbob

• Coppermine newbie
Setting up cats/albums
« on: April 09, 2016, 11:20:59 pm »

Hello,

I have bridged a newly installed 1.5 Coppermine to the latest MYBB 1.8. The bridge is working fine.

I have a question regarding setting up a a category and/or album.

I want to simply have one category or album that my forum members can upload their photos to.

I have created an album called "members photo gallery" and assigned it to no category as it states in the documents that an album doesn't need to be assigned to a category.

I as forum admin can upload photos to this album, however registered members of the forum cannot upload to this album as it states the member needs to create an album to use.

Have I missed some permission settings somewhere or done something dumb? I was unsure but thought the bridge used to forum permissions in some way.

Thank you.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: Setting up cats/albums
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 03:25:30 pm »

Have you set permissions in the Coppermine Groups Control panel? http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/groups.htm#group_cp

And set the Album properties for that public album, Visitors can upload files etc? http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm#album_prop
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Setting up cats/albums
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:51:42 pm »

In the groups control panel is a column for what albums people are allowed to post in. You can just set it to "Personal album" ALLOWED and APPROVE if you want to approve each image. Then they should be able to make their own album. That's what I have done. I have a problem with this which I am posting about elsewhere. But those are the correct settings (See the docs "Getting started")

L.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.