Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems trying to upgrade/do a new install  (Read 9992 times)

jessm78

• Coppermine newbie
Problems trying to upgrade/do a new install
« on: January 14, 2016, 11:56:34 pm »

I don't know if anyone can help me with this...apologies if not but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I got a Coppermine gallery for my website about 6, 7 years ago. My web host offers it as a free script through this site called the Mojo Marketplace. In updating my website I noticed my gallery had odd messages at top, like:
"Notice: Undefined offset: 8192 in /hermes/bosoraweb178/b2526/d5.thescien/public_html/images/gallery2/include/debugger.inc.php on line 112"

After doing some research I decided I'd better upgrade. I tried to upgrade it through this 1-click installation from this Mojo Marketplace, but it kept giving me errors. This "marketplace" site is lousy with tech support, there really isn't much of a way to contact them directly. I then tried to do a new install of the latest version and it gave me another error message. After finally scouring through their support articles, they note that it's most likely a conflict with my .htaccess. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before? I'm afraid to mess with it. I'm not that technologically inclined and don't want to mess up my whole website. I did contact my host provider, hoping they will reply at some point, but I was wondering if anyone here had ever dealt with anything like this before. I would most likely want to do a new install because the email address I used to sign up for it about 6-7 years ago has since changed anyway, so I don't know how I'd go about getting access to my Coppermine account in order to log in at all.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Problems trying to upgrade/do a new install
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:24:31 am »

We strongly recommend doing installs/upgrades using the downloads from this site.  We cannot support the 'repackaged' versions of Coppermine that 'one click installs' offer - they often lag behind and sometimes introduce errors in their packaging.
The install is quite simple using our package and docs.

Notice: Undefined offset: 8192 in ...
This was fixed quite some time ago. It is an incompatibility with changes in PHP. An upgrade is the only option.

After finally scouring through their support articles, they note that it's most likely a conflict with my .htaccess.
Coppermine out of the box does use or change .htaccess (some plugins may use it...)

I would most likely want to do a new install because the email address I used to sign up for it about 6-7 years ago has since changed anyway, so I don't know how I'd go about getting access to my Coppermine account in order to log in at all.
Can certainly do a new install - but if you have access to the database via a tool like phpMyAdmin - you can get access again...  (Depending on the age... you may be able to view the password in the database... or can manually change it.)

Let us know if you need help moving forward...
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: Problems trying to upgrade/do a new install
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 09:37:26 am »

Coppermine out of the box does use or change .htaccess

Typo: Coppermine out of the box does not use or change .htaccess
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.