Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Access to Full Size images for certain users  (Read 54546 times)

JohannM

• Coppermine frequent poster
Access to Full Size images for certain users
« on: December 30, 2015, 02:23:54 pm »

Hi there.

I have 4 user groups.

1. Guest
2. Registered
3. VIP

I am using cpgshop as a photo shop plugin.

Question:

Is there a way that I can enable just certain users under the usergroup "VIP" to have access to the full size images for a specific album ?

I am willing to pay a bit if someone can help me with this.

Thank you

JohannM
( www.youth-sport-fotos.com )

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:39:04 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Access to Full Size images for sertain users
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:02:50 pm »

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.28 (stable)-->
Please upgrade to 1.5.40, you are at risk.

Try the Fullsize Access plugin:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74870.msg360460.html#msg360460
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

JohannM

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 04:46:29 pm »

Jeff

Thanx for the reply.

What I mean is to controll access to full size images "per specific user", not a "suer group".

Regards

Johann

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 01:28:40 pm »

Coppermine's access is based around groups... You can define users to multiple groups, and if ANY group has access, the user will have access...
You could add group VIPFullsize and add it as an additional group to those in VIP that should have access to full-size images (setting group access with the plugin Jeff mentioned...)
Or even go further to VIPFullsizeAlbumx...
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

JohannM

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 10:21:21 am »

Hi Gmc

Im not really understanding your reply.

I will try to make it a bit more clear. I want to grant a certain/specific user "VIP" access to a specific "Album" ....

Is this possable ?

My site: http://int.youth-sport-fotos.com

Regards

Johann

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 12:00:03 pm »

As suggested, you will need to create a group with the specific permissions you wish, in this case access to full size images. You then simply add the user you wish to have these permissions to that group.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

JohannM

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »

Sorry, I might sound stupid (again) ... how to you add a specific user to the group I created "VIP" which have permissions to view thumbs, intermediate and larger photo.

Thanx for your reply.

JohannM

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 12:39:50 pm »

Sorry ... I read your rely again.

Ok, first ... I did create a group called "VIP" with all access right.

E.g. the user George1234 I grant access to the group VIP ....

Issue still is: I want to restrict this user to a specific Album, since I sell "VIP" downloads (per album). But I don't want this user to be able to download the full size images for any album, but only from a spesific album.

With aother words: Group:User:Album

Hope this make sence.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 02:56:12 pm »

Issue still is: I want to restrict this user to a specific Album, since I sell "VIP" downloads (per album). But I don't want this user to be able to download the full size images for any album, but only from a spesific album.

With aother words: Group:User:Album
You would need to create a group "VIPAlbum1" and grant access to those that can view fullsize images from Album1...
Repeat for each album...

However, unless you are using some form of access restrictions on webserver - or a plugin like Mask URL http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78168.0.html that hides the true file names and paths - it is quite easy for a knowledgeable CPG user to guess the path to the fullsize image and access it outside of CPG...
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

JohannM

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 04:27:54 pm »

Thanx gcm

I do have over 400 albums and 1.6 mil pics, so protecting them is vital.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 07:22:39 pm »

However, unless you are using some form of access restrictions on webserver - or a plugin like Mask URL http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78168.0.html that hides the true file names and paths - it is quite easy for a knowledgeable CPG user to guess the path to the fullsize image and access it outside of CPG...

Thanx gcm

I do have over 400 albums and 1.6 mil pics, so protecting them is vital.

Apply this: hotlinking to redirect to the page that contains the image http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,76683.0.html and users can no longer view your image from google images or type in the browser your_gallery.com/albums/album_name/image_name.jpg

JohannM

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 08:26:16 pm »

Thanx. I will check this out.

What I did now is I created User Groups for each album (e.g. VIP-Album1, VIP-Album2, etc.) with full access: thumbnail, intermediate and full size.

With user manager, I Choose e.g. User 1, and gave this user permission for full access via VIP-Album 1. But when User 1 login, he can still see and download all other full size images in other albums.

I can not assign this group via Album Manager" where it says "Album can be viewed by e.g. VIP-Album1, because if I do this, the whole album gets excluded for guest and normal registered users.

Maybe "paid help" or a new plugin whould solve this ?

For example: Access Rights .... 1 Column (choose user), second colum ( select album(s) ), third colum (select access level e.g. thums, intermediate, and or full size).

I think a lot of coppermine users will find this very helpfull.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx in advance.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 10:23:22 am »

I just replied to your related question in the fullsize access plugin thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74870.msg381248/topicseen.html#msg381248

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 01:31:13 pm »

It looks to me that what Johann is looking for is actually an override buy each user (instead of groups) that would allow full-size access to selected albums.  The needed plugin would have to add a field to the user record that contains a serialized array of albums and access levels used to override what is set for their group. Or perhaps the user_profile6 field could be used.

[edit]
Or, going the other way, an added album field with some designated user overrides for their group access_level. (probably better this way)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:56:15 pm by ron4mac »

JohannM

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 08:17:43 pm »

André and ron4mac

Thanx for your inputs. It helped a lot.

Yes, I think a plugin for this would be great. Its a pitty my php knowledge is so poor, otherwise I would have done such a plugin myself.

To do this kind of plugin, I would prefer to begin with the user, since certain (one or more) albums is "assigned" to the user to be able to access full size. Log system (like in the fullzise plugin) would also be great.

Should I request somewhere (under plugin thread) for someone to look into this. Im sure a lot of coppermine users will be glad to contribute a small donation towards such a plugin.

Best Regards
JohannM

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 02:55:22 pm »

First of all we need to know which level of security you need:
1. hide the link to the full-sized pictures (easy to bypass for users who are familiar with Coppermine)
2. mask the actual URLs to your pictures files (hard to bypass, as people need to guess files names)
3. restrict access to the actual full-sized pictures (most security)

It should be quite easy to grant access to the full-sized pictures basing on a combination of the user ID and album ID. Most effort will be to create a user friendly GUI, so if you're fine to maintain this with a text editor in a PHP file, it'll be a simple mod.

JohannM

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 03:22:35 pm »

André

I think the mask url idea is very good, in fact I tested the plugin, but I think a "mask url" combined with the "restricted access to full size" will be best if possable.

Since it is mostly standard for normal registered users to see both thumbs and intermediates, I think most coppermine users would prefer, or even suggest, that the full-size picture is most important, especially for those of us that sells our content for an income.

I am slightly familiar with php, and sometimes with a lot of efford I did some custom tweaks and changes to work better for the purpose of my own sites.

But for me to create a user friendly GUI and then the rest of the php code to be able to write such a plugin, awww, don't think I will know how and where to start.

As you said, it be a simple mod ... or plugin ?

Best Regards

JohannM

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 03:45:44 pm »

I think a "mask url" combined with the "restricted access to full size" will be best if possable.

I haven't tested the combination of both. Actually, if the fullsize access plugin is setup correctly, there's usually no need for the mask url plugin. Just tell us which way you want to go. Then we can create custom code. Unfortunately you haven't answered my question if it's okay for you to maintain the user-based fullsize access with a text editor.

JohannM

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 06:14:10 pm »

André

As per your suggestion, I would then say as per your previous post for security the "3. restrict access to the actual full-sized pictures (most security)
" would be the best then.

Im not sure if I understand your statement"maintain the user-based fullsize access with a text editor".

If you mean I open a text base section on the "admin" page and add usernames or user id's, that would be also fine. Not a problem.

Or do I misunderstood ?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 09:10:25 am »

I thought of editing the file with your favorite text editor and upload it via FTP to your server.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.