Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp3 won't load and play  (Read 2476 times)

visoft

• Coppermine newbie
mp3 won't load and play
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:26:11 am »

After having no problems setting up and uploading photos and docs I tried mp3 files. Uploaded no problem but when clicked on a mp3 it will not play. I checked the code and found it requires activex from Microsoft. After searching themes.inc.php I found the link to Microsoft on line 3363.
[codebase' => 'codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" ']
Copied the link into the browser but it appears no such page exists.

Is there a work around for this to get mp3s to work or some plugin to insert OR have I missed something vital in the setup.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://my-photoshare.com/clients/      user:  fred   password:  qwerty

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: mp3 won't load and play
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:58:51 am »

For some reason it works for me as expected in my testbed, but not in your gallery. However, there are 2 ways to fix that issue:
1. Install the Flash Media Player plugin (requires Flash player)
2. Change the player from "WMP" to "HTMLA" for the mp3 extension in the MySQL table "filetypes" (requires HTML5 browser compatibility)

visoft

• Coppermine newbie
Re: mp3 won't load and play
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 01:01:42 pm »

Thanks for the help. It now works a treat after installing the Flash Plugin.

Have to say this application (Coppermine) is truely brilliant and nvery easy to use if played around with a bit to get used to all the facilities it has.

Thanks again Andre.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.