Support > cpg1.5 language

Some browsers do not use the default language

(1/1)

tflaat:
I have Norwegian as default language. I have noticed that when I use Internet Explorer11 on my job and home computer the language is switched to English. When i use Google Crome and Firefox on the same computer I get Norwegian language. Same with Safari on iOS devices.

I have tried to turn off Autodetect language, but it does not help. Any idea what to do? I want it to always use Norwegian.

phill104:
All that probably means is a cookie has been set on your IE. You can clear the cookie by adding ?lang=xxx To the end of your url. It is outlined in the docs but it is hard to paste a link from my phone so please search the docs for yourself.

tflaat:
Yes, ?lang=norwegian solved the problem :-)

Thank you!

However, that means that the autodetect language option does not work. Or it is not possible to switch it off.

Αndré:
Please try to delete Coppermine's "data" cookie in your Internet Explorer and try again. Alternatively, add

--- Code: ---?lang=xxx
--- End code ---
to the end of your url, to reset any user defined language settings in your browser.

gmc:

--- Quote from: tflaat on September 30, 2015, 01:57:45 pm ---Yes, ?lang=norwegian solved the problem :-)

Thank you!

However, that means that the autodetect language option does not work. Or it is not possible to switch it off.

--- End quote ---
A value in a valid cookie overrides the autodetect... Presumably because you previously requested a specific language...
A user with no language defined in cookie will auto detect if option is on, or use config set default language if option is off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version